Author Topic: Struggling with naps/nights away from home... :(  (Read 734 times)

Offline MommyIsa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Struggling with naps/nights away from home... :(
« on: August 03, 2011, 00:44:04 am »
Hi mommies,

I need your advice/tips to help our baby boy get used to napping/sleeping away from home. From the time he was born until about 10 weeks of age, he had a lot of reflux/colics and only slept in our arms (day and night!!!). Needless to say that mommy and daddy were 2 walking zombies... And then, at 10 weeks old, I read the BW book and introduced the EASY routine. It has been a blessing ever since!!!! Our baby boy, now 4 months old, sleeps in his bed - great naps and sleeps through the night (on his belly - medical reasons).

That said, it has been working great, but ever since he started sleeping in his bed in his room, he doesn't want to be held or rocked to sleep, he won't stay in our arms more than a few minutes before bedtime (litteraly pushes us away). Is this normal??

Also, we are planning a trip to visit our families and will need to have the baby sleep in his "park & play". He currently plays in his "park", but never associated it with his nap/sleep time (he has only slept in his park when he was a few days old)... I am very anxious... how do we get our baby to sleep all night + naps in it??

Help... tips/advice...

Offline grace annes mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
Re: Struggling with naps/nights away from home... :(
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 00:49:46 am »
I would put him down in his park & play for a few naps, maybe even a night, BEFORE you go out of town.  Also, make sure he has all his lovies, pacis, blankets, sheets. Whatever he has in his crib, so he has all his comfort items.  Keep all his WD routines exactly the same, etc. 

Him not wanting to be held or rocked to sleep anymore is totally normal and is the blessing and the curse of BW  ;)  We WANT them to be independent sleepers, but then they get used to that and it's hard to AP even on purpose!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:52:39 am »
I agree with PP. If you can get your LO used to sleeping in the park and play at home it wont feel so foreign to him when you are away. :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline MommyIsa

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 17:09:49 pm »
Thanks so much! :0)
Will try it for sure before we leave town... fingers crossed!