Author Topic: Probiotics free of Salicylates and common allergens  (Read 4968 times)

tigerlilly905

Probiotics free of Salicylates and common allergens
« on: August 04, 2011, 15:05:46 pm »
Me again...

I posted a while back about finding a probiotic without Dairy/Soy. I got some great feedback - thank you! I ended up ordering Klaire Labs infant probiotic. It would seem now however, that Ds2 also has a Salicylate intolerence in conjunction with the MSPI (I'm also avoiding egg/gluten as well). The Klaire labs probiotic has Inulin derived from Chicory Root, and Chicory Root is high in Salicylates  :-\  So here I am searching for another probiotic we can use. I found one that could have been compatible, but it had FOS in it, and I'm very wary of that substance.

We are seeing a Naturopath next week, so hopefully we can get some suggestions, but in the meantime I was hoping you ladies might have some advice as well.

Cheers  :-*

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
Re: Probiotics free of Salicylates and common allergens
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 15:12:11 pm »
No help here I am afraid we are on a strict elimination diet with Alyssa including only low sals and tbh i think you wil struggle 

Are you on low or moderate sals? you might have a chance if on moderate, with low sals your almost able to count the things you can have (while following other elimination diets) on both hands imo

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

tigerlilly905

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 17:14:08 pm »
I completely kwym, Louisa. It is extremely difficult. I'm currently doing a low/mod sal diet (in conjuction w/M/S/G/E free). Mostly low Sals, but one meal/day moderate, as suggested by Eloise (C,C & R moderator) - since I am exclusively bf'ing low/mod is suggested as a first course of action.

I'm really hoping to find some probiotics to help my little guys gut!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 17:53:56 pm »
Eloise may be able help here as I am sure Kai was on pro biotics. I will pm and ask her  ;)

tigerlilly905

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 18:52:15 pm »
Thank you Buntybear! I actually sent Eloise a PM about it too.. the ones they use do have dairy in them, but she said they are usually ok for MPI children.

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 21:43:43 pm »
We use Bioceuticals - Baby biotic - it has traces of dairy since it is used in the process somewhere, would not be tolerated by someone allergic or a super responder - fine for my boys - DS2 can tolerate butter.  :)