Author Topic: How frequently do you bathe/shower your kids? (and use products?)  (Read 7627 times)

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
Re: How frequently do you bathe/shower your kids? (and use products?)
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 00:50:41 am »
Every night before bottle.. we only skip a night if we are busy and get home too late.  We use baby shampoo and baby wash every time.  I find the bath settles him and tires him out.

Offline grace annes mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 01:04:48 am »
we do a bath every night just as part of our routine.  But my DD is usually FILTHY by the end of a day.  As for hair washing, we're probably doing 2x a week at most.  Usually 1x.  She hates it lately and it's a real struggle.  Shame, bc her hair is gorgeous, but such a hassle, she's usually walking around with peanut butter globbed in knots.

Offline NZ_Mum

• Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 01:11:39 am »
We have showered DS since he was about 4mo (i think!) or once he could hold his head up properly.  Our bath is difficult to get to and made my back sore leaning over like that.  I just used to take him in with me on my chest and wash him that way usually only about once a week when he was little because it made him so tired.

Now that DS is older he loves playing in the bottom of the shower with his toys and dump truck which we put bubbles in for fun. He plays with the shower head (one of those detachable ones) and loves being able to direct the water flow to his hearts content. We shower each night before bed, but its never usually a full body soap down. Just face, hands, bum and teeth. I do his hair maybe once a week - or two! :D (unless he gets food in it or mud or something of course, but he doesnt mind it and knows to turn his face up to let the water run down the back rather than over his face)
I use sebamed baby wash and an organic shampoo. Otherwise just water.

Face and hands get washed during the day, and before meals if they get sticky/grubby.
-Cathy-

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, 01:19:35 am »
  In the summer I give dd at least a quick bath every night...even if she doesn't sit down and I just stand her in there and wash her. I can't handle her going to bed with sunblock on her skin and pool water.   :-\  Hair washing is every third day unless we've been to the beach or are particularly dirty.

Winter, every 3rd day at most. Bath with hair washing. 

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 01:23:50 am »
I bath almost everyday. I only skip if they are too tired and grumpy - mainly because they play nicely in the bath so it is just something to do yk?!

No products at all most of the time. Just water. Organic bubble bath from time to time but I often run out and take 6 weeks to buy more.

I wash hair every 10 days or so for J - slightly more often for M as she gets mucky. Basically I was it for being dirty rather than just because I should.

I think I might be gross as well  :-X, but hair washing is hard work round here!!

Liz if you are then I'll join you :)
The boys shower pretty much daily maybe about 13/14 days, although DS1's knees have a black tattoo on them despite that, comes from 365 days of wearing shorts (better dirty knees than wearing through the knees on long trousers I joke). In summer if they have been to the beach they will have a shower there, so won't tend to do one at home, if they muck about in the yard with the hose, will skip a shower then too.

Hair gets washed when DH thinks to do it... I apparently get shampoo in their eyes (what a shame ;)) but they also have a #2 buzz cut each so really not much hair to wash anyway. I'm guessing soap gets used as I get asked for more from time to time, but really I turn the shower on, one hops in, then out & the other hops in & last one turns the taps off... on the rare occasion they have a bath same story.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Showing Appreciation 87
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 03:12:03 am »
2x per week, unless he's particularly dirty.  Privates get wiped down more often; hands, nails and face every day at bedtime.  It's just a lot of work with a Spirited kid and our time is so limited on weekdays as it is.

Same here, although DD needs more now (longer hair that gets into everything, no longer in diapers so its not the same sort of wipe if that makes sense).  I found she doesn't mind a quick shower in-between baths which is great and quick.

Oh, and we waited until past 2 years old before bringing in any products that were not free/clear/natural.

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 03:23:28 am »
We do a shower every night as part of the bedtime routine (used to be a bath, but I got sick of wasting all the water).  Rarely use any product on them, and what I do use is mild as you can get.  Hair washing only happens when absolutely necessary (so once every 2 weeks or more!) and their hair is beautiful and never smells.  I'm sort of OCD about showering myself, so I find it hard to not shower the kids.
Heidi

Offline Roseii

• Showing Appreciation 198
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2011, 19:33:29 pm »
Thank you everyone :-*
I Wish I could leave dd1's hair longer but it needs a good wash 2/3 times a week otherwise it gets so so tangled, fuzzy and bird nest like!! I've taken to bathing them together and washing the baby's hair but not dd1's, she just gets to have a good splash, then I tackle her hair in the shower when dh is here to help too!!
I do feel better about not properly bathing her every day though ;D
Blessed mum to two home-birthed darling water babies

hey you with the pretty face, welcome to the human race

Offline shivi

• Showing Appreciation 177
  • cuddling with my monkeys!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2011, 19:21:42 pm »
here we do everyday in the summer, two mucky, sandy spiriteds here...

and in winter, again as snowsuits help, every 2nd day.

Oscar is and always was a very sweaty baby/kid so has always needed his hair done very regularly. Emma is not as sweaty but so far loves having her few curls washed ;-)

S x

Siobhain - Mammy to Oscar and Emma, forever spirited, currently bilingual and curly, formerly baldy, extended breastfeeders!

Offline Kate~DHEA~

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • was DanielandHarry then DanHarryEssie
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2011, 07:43:49 am »
Its everynight here, the boys have showers and the girls in the bath. We use Green Peoples  babies and kids range as they all are quite sensitive to products.

Offline Roseii

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2011, 08:16:48 am »
Green people here too-I like it but it's pricey! X

Offline Kate~DHEA~

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • was DanielandHarry then DanHarryEssie
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2011, 09:56:26 am »
I know but it lasts for ages.

Offline mum101

• Char
  • Showing Appreciation 138
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2011, 10:26:01 am »
Bath every second day.

In summer more often, as usually covered in sweat, sunscreen and dirt attached to the sunscreen  ::)

I use a bath oil, with no colour or fragrance.

Washing hair is about every 2 weeks, seriously my kids have got great hair! 
mumma to 2 former BW babies, DD 11, DS 8

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2011, 15:19:09 pm »
Washing hair is about every 2 weeks, seriously my kids have got great hair!

Mine too, I am so jealous of it...mine gets smelly if I don't wash it frequently.  I've never heard of Green People, is it a UK brand?  I've been using Dr. Bronner's baby mild soap when I do need to soap them up. Plus I always follow up the shower/bath with a shea butter lotion I found that is great on their skin. 
Heidi

Offline Roseii

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2011, 15:24:36 pm »
I think it might be uk Heidi...