Author Topic: When did you move to a group 2 carseat?  (Read 4762 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: When did you move to a group 2 carseat?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2011, 20:24:21 pm »
I guess given all the info what I need to decide is.... is a group 123 carseat safer for O given I can use the 5 point harness till he's 18kg OR given all the info on multi carseats is a group 23 seat safer with the adult belt?  Views most welcome!
LAURA xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2011, 20:34:53 pm »
You said he's just over 15kg - how tall is he and how does he behave in his car seat? I think, even given poor muscle tone if he is tall, heavy enough and doesn't try and get out of his harness seat I think I would probably swap soonish to a 2/3 seat. What does his current seat go up to? I know the Britax stage 1 seats go up to 18kg.

Just another thought - my county council have a safety unit that goes around supermarket car parks giving advice and checking seats, you could give yours a ring and see if they have soemone who can give you advice.

Laura
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 20:36:29 pm by Lolly »

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 01:31:14 am »
Hmmm...I've been brainwashed by our regulations so I would go for keeping him harnessed as long as possible, but if you can only get a proper seat for $$$ then I would go for a high back booster.
Heidi

Offline nwmm

• Showing Appreciation 61
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:13 am »
I review this sort of things with our ped. And those that check our seats for safety.  I go by height and weight not age and what everyone else I know does.  ::)

Offline babybarr

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 06:21:22 am »
I know the Britax stage 1 seats go up to 18kg.
He's in a britax group 0-1 he outgrew his rear facing one quite quickly but I didn't feel he was strong enough (even though heavy enough) to face forward so got him one which did both.  His goes up to 18kg it's just the other things which are swaying me to get him a bigger one.

I'll see if I can get hold of the council.  

He's well behaved in his carseat so I don't think he'd wriggle around too much, just my personal concerns I guess about not having him in a harness.
LAURA xx