Author Topic: Why is 10mo DD so fussy?  (Read 1745 times)

Offline lesliemarie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: August 14, 2011, 16:49:20 pm »
DD is 10 months old and over the past two weeks has been really fussy/cranky during the day.  I know that she had a tooth coming but it has come through and she is still fussy.  She just seems to want to climb all over me but that doesn't even keep her happy.  She is getting close to walking as well.  She wants to walk around holding your hand but then today took her first real steps.  Probably about 4 or 5 to me and then 4 or 5 back to daddy.

Could this be because she is bored?  Or could it be milestone related? She is also just kind of protest crying all the time.  It is driving me up the wall.  She is also not eating well.  I'm not exactly sure what that is all about because with her first tooth it didn't affect her eating at all.  She has no problem chewing on things or drinking her bottle though.

Any ideas?
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Why is 10mo DD so fussy?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 00:02:25 am »
I have noticed the same thing...and guess what we are due for hun....another developmental leap ::) Could be contributing x

http://blogginaboutbabies.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/wonder-week-46/
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 01:43:06 am »
Are there more teething coming?  That kind of behaviour has usually been teething related for both of my LOs.  Could be a combo of teething/developmental factors for sure.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Re: Why is 10mo DD so fussy?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:26:19 am »
Separation Anxiety? How is she when she can't see you?

Offline lesliemarie

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 11:02:50 am »
I don't think its the teeth at least it didn't seem to be the case with the last one.  This is only the second tooth though. 

I don't think it's separation anxiety.  She doesn't seem to care whether or not I'm in the room.  She gets cranky when I'm right there in front of her.  She will crawl over to me and just climb all over me whining. 

I read that Wonder Week thing and the description of signs she could be showing are very close.  She has a lot of them but not all. 

At least she slept well last night.  We only had 3 NWs compared with the usual 6 or so.   ::)
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 12:02:54 pm »
I find behaviour with teeth is always changing.  Some teeth are less troublesome than others.  But if that is the second one then you might get a little break before the next two come in.

I think a lot of LOs get really cranky and frustrated right before they learn a new skill, so if she is on the verge of walking it could be that.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline lesliemarie

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:54:32 pm »
She is on the verge of walking.  She is getting really good at standing and sitting on her own.  She is also starting to take a few steps on her own as well.  How long is this going to last?  It is driving me nuts, just totally nuts.  I don't remember DD1 going through this same thing.   :-\
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine