Author Topic: What brand of yogurt is best in Canada?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline lesliemarie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: August 18, 2011, 14:31:35 pm »
I'm doing a dairy trial with DD at the moment.  She was previously MSPI and she has been on soy formula since 8 months with no issues.  So now that she is 10 months I'm looking to try her on dairy.  I've started off with a tsp of plain yogurt a day for the past two days and so far so good.  Actually I had made mashed potatoes with yogurt instead of butter and milk and DH gave it to her for dinner while I was out so she actually had more than the 1 tsp.

So with that being said I am thinking she will be able to tolerate yogurt and I wanted to find out what kind everyone else gives to their LOs.  I wouldn't give her any of the ones with artificial sweetener in them but I think it needs a little sweetness.  She isn't a fan of the tanginess of the plain yogurt.  Any suggestions?
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
Re: What brand of yogurt is best in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 20:29:20 pm »
I am in Ontario and have been giving my LO Minigo yogurt.. its by Yoplait.  No artificial sweeteners and its made with whole milk and comes in a bunch of flavors!  They are perfectly portioned too.  DS loves them and has one with breakfast every day

Offline my3girlsjde

• Sometimes a superpower is simply surviving the chaos.....
  • Showing Appreciation 115
  • Reflux, sleep apnea and food allergies
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 00:27:02 am »
I used Astro for my twins and mixed fruit in it to sweeten it. We're in NB but I'm pretty sure it's everywhere. There's nothing artificial, it's Balkan style and has no artificial gelatin in it.
Vicki - nursing student and proud mother to three refluxers in two years

Remembering my sleeping angels: 17 Jan 06, 30 Jul 09

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 00:55:34 am »
We like Astro balkin style too and also Liberte. I would stick with plain and sweeten it with fruit puree or a tiny bit of stevia, instead of buying flavoured ones.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012