Author Topic: 2 month wait for paed gastroenterologist - ideas needed!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline fireredjewel

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
2 month wait for paed gastroenterologist - ideas needed!
« on: August 19, 2011, 16:43:42 pm »
we are on a cancellation list, and it's "in our favour" that we live literally 2 mins by car from this dr's rooms. prayers for someone cancelling their appt would be good. DD2 will be 3.5 months old by then!!!

we;re going for a consult on mucuos poop, silent reflux mamagement. GP hs DD2 on losec & zantac but is quite dismissive of the idea of an MPSI problem with her. ::)  the receptionist for the paed said i could try 'cutting own' on dairy as the dr gets lots of bfing mums to do that, just as well i started a complete ED for MP & S last week. ;) it has seemed to help DD2 do poop (less screaming, esp at night, when doing one) & i think i can really notice when soy creeps in. still mucous poop though. :(

so my Question is, can i do anything else while we wait??? is an allergist more appropriate? i just don't know!

ali
two beautiful girls... a heritage from the lord. psalm 127:3

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
Re: 2 month wait for paed gastroenterologist - ideas needed!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 17:31:09 pm »
We're still waiting for an appt with a dietician and my LO is nearly 10 months!  I was told to cut dairy and soy for my diet and see did it help.  apparently there is a high incidence of LOs who are MPI also being intolerant to soy.  If you are finding symptoms worse with soy it could be worth while cutting it too.  I think it two weeks to get it out of your system and then you give it a further two weeks before you'd try putting anything back into your diet.

HTH x

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 20:49:13 pm »
Hi, I would say you are doing exactly the right thing and cutting all milk and soy. If you are seeing results already then great! It can take a while for the mucous to clear so don't be disheartened that it hasn't gone immediately.

Offline fireredjewel

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2011, 21:42:40 pm »
thanks for the encouragement :) will keep plugging along...
two beautiful girls... a heritage from the lord. psalm 127:3

Offline EloysH

• Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 02:13:09 am »
the GI would be great for reflux, and an allergist would be better for managing the food side of things.  I have seen a paed allergist, she was fantastic.  Maybe try the GI first and see how you go???, amke an appointment for an allergist now but cancel if the GI appt is good - assuming the allergist appt comes up later than two months.