Author Topic: Getting more calories in....  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 20:47:28 pm »
M still does have fruit and yogurt for breakfast and then a cereal about an hour later.  

Does C like cream cheese?  That used to help toast go down a bit better.  

Offline cuckoochick

• Showing Appreciation 136
  • Mummy to Charlotte Rose and Georgia May
Re: Getting more calories in....
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 21:35:44 pm »
Yeah she loves Philadelphia. She has it on sandwiches so might try it on toast. Thanks Shiv.
Will try to add more snacks in too if she wants them! :)

*Nicola*

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 08:26:19 am »
How about puddings?  They don't have to contain sugar.  I came up with a sugar free rice pudding recipe the other day which is full of calories!  http://mamacook.blogspot.com/2011/08/rice-pudding-for-babies-and-toddlers.html
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 12:09:33 pm »
Just following along as I am going through a similar situation.  I took J to md for a prescription repeat and he did gain over 2 lbs in 2 months, but he dropped from 70 to 58 percentile in weight (he is over 20 lbs and is quite tall as well - 98% for this).  My md is new and sometimes she says things without thinking and it really concerned me.  She finally said it is probably because he is so active now, but I still worry and am trying to come up with foods DS will enjoy.  He is not so into purees right now, he wants to be independant and do it himself.  Now I have to take him back every month to be weighed.

A friend of mine, her son did have a hard time with weight gain and she went to a dietcian who recommended butter as an excellent source of calories and 'good fat'.  She recommended putting it on pretty much everything - and it did help.  DS has mpsi so we can't do this :(
Protein and carbs are also excellent sources of calories.  I love bread and can attest to this :)  Good luck, and don't worry about C's weight.  Was she a lot taller at this check as well?  I know a lot of times LOs grow then catch up with weight.

*Kristen*

Offline *jazzberry*

• The Lounge
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 119
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 12:44:31 pm »
I remember we had similar issues with ds1 (probably with ds2 and dd too if i'd had them weighed ;) ) but pediatrician suggested mixing olive oil with everything too.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 22:59:08 pm »
I have a friend who adds heavy cream to her DD's foods for extra calories - don't we all wish we had dr permission for this one ::)

Olive oil is a good one too... as is greek yogurt... mixed with a sweeter fruit, it is rather yummy!