Author Topic: My lo has Reflux and is eating little and often  (Read 6237 times)

Offline gabrielsmommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: My lo has Reflux and is eating little and often
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2011, 14:03:40 pm »
I have never done dream feeds either.  My son is getting more consistent with only waking once at night to eat, but he used to wake twice a night.  Does he take a pacifier?  If so, you could try using that when he wakes between 3 and 6.  I honestly cannot offer and suggestions with your feedings during the day because my son is a mess right now.  He has been on Zantac for 2 weeks and is spitting up more now than ever and isn't eating well at all.  I went to the doctor yesterday and they switched his formula to Nutramigen.  If that doesn't help, then we are going to switch medications.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: My lo has Reflux and is eating little and often
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2011, 19:47:55 pm »
Hi Charlie.  My DS refused a DF too, he has silent reflux, but I don't know if it is a reflux thing, just some babies won't take to a DF.  DS refused a paci too.
I think it's best to feed at night if he wakes hungry, suffering pain.

I ended up doing a waking DF with DS and continued until 8 months.  I had to change his nappy to go the night stretch so this would wake him but he stayed good tempered about being woken and not all babies would!  At around 7 months he reduced his BT bottle and what he took at the DF so I no longer had the need to change his nappy but by then the habit was ingrained and he would listen out for me in his sleep and wake when I went into the bedroom to feed him and go to bed.  He'd be sleepy whilst eating and after the feed I'd put him back to his bed and he'd go off again on his own within a minute so it didn't cause any disruption until I weaned it (just done that 2 nights of NWs and 3rd night he went through 12 hrs).  I don't think this method would be for everyone but it worked ok for us.

Start a new thread if you'd like some help with starting a DF so you attract some fresh eyes on it xx