Author Topic: mspi? can trace soy alone cause mucusy stools?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline FrenchWife

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • Eutopia Childrens Boutique
mspi? can trace soy alone cause mucusy stools?
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:24:12 am »
can trace soy alone cause very mucusy stools? i went off all dairy, soy, and trace dairy from my diet for several months, and was still seeing some very mucusy stools. can trace soy alone cause this problem?

I started to doubt my "diagnosis" of mspi and went back on dairy, for a couple weeks she was perfectly fine, but now she is pretty miserable. fussy all the time, will not play on her own anymore, cries almost every time i put her down, and wakes up about every 30 minutes at night, and will hardly ever take naps longer than 30 minutes. i have gone back off it, but am assuming that it will take some time for her to recover if the dairy has done some damage.... :(   

does this sound like mspi to you? thanks!

Christine
-Christine

Mom to Isaac & Natalie Kate
Wife to Jonathan

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: mspi? can trace soy alone cause mucusy stools?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 04:07:08 am »
Definantly sounds like MSPI.

Yes the trace soy could cause a inflamed gut.. if the sensitivity is significant to soy. My bet would be that it is other foods that are bothering her too.  The only way to tell would to be make sure you are off all trace soy and dairy.

If she still had mucus stools after the full soy/dairy elimination, it becomes very difficult to diagnose further food issues as you would need to cut further foods from your diet.

The only thing that bothered me about trace soy was bread, but we have several good bakeries in our area that don't use soy flour at all in their breads, just the grains, salt and sour dough culture.

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 09:07:18 am »
Trace can if very sensitive like said, alyssa has to avoid even a sniff of dairy and for the moment trace soy until 12mths then we will try trace soy

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux

Offline FrenchWife

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:39 am »
oh, no this may actually kill me... :)    where could i find out about a bakery like that? i used to bake my own bread, but i just don't have the time right now.... 

i am also afraid that she may be getting some traces of dairy from her brothers hands on toys or something... i dunno, i just figured that if she is really that sensitive it is possible. anyone ever heard of that?

how long would it take for her gut to heal?

is there any way to tell if she is having pain, or if she is just used to being nursed on demand? she used to put herself to sleep and sleep for at least a few hours at a time, and then she got a uti, and has never been the same sense....
i have started shush pat, with her, i just can't handle these nursings every 30 min. anymore...
-Christine

Wife to Jonathan

Offline EloysH

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 10:38:32 am »
Hmm as for the bakeries... here the good bakeries are everywhere, I have access to 3 or 4 within a few kms of my house bt I am in a large city.  Maybe try to find out bakeries that supply good restaurants with bread, they will bake properly without strange flours or emulsifiers etc.  Maybe doa  googles search for authentic sourdough breads in your area, that might show up something?  Or how about local farmers markets - and try breads from there?

Now way would she be that sensitive, if she was she would be highly allergic and you woud know about it, we are talking immediate immune response type stuff like hives and wheezing.

Guts can take months to heal, but over the coming weeks you would see gradual improvement. I would be looking for a very good baby probiotic with at least 6 strains to help her gut heal too.  You can take it yourself until she is on solids.

Pain and props are quite hard to separate at times.  Sometimes it is easier to look at other behaviours rather than feeding.  There is a list here:

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=189899.0

http://www.cradle2kindy.com.au/BlogRetrieve.aspx?BlogID=1159&PostID=15358

Offline FrenchWife

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 17:19:04 pm »
okay, good to know about the allergy and bakeries, thank you.

i just dont know what to do with her, she just wont sleep for more than 30 minutes! i have tried shush pat, and she will someties go down with it, or today, just went down by herself for her mobile once, but still will not sleep any longer. at night, the longest she will go is an hour, and often it is not even that long.  is this a common problem with mspi? there is no way it is just an easy problem is there?
-Christine

Wife to Jonathan

Offline EloysH

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 09:58:24 am »
Yes unsettledness is a common symptomof MSPI but 30 mins sleeps are symptoms of thoer things too like OT, prop depenence yada yada!  Go with your gut, if you feel she is uncomfortable then it's got to be the MSPI.  If you modify your diet further to kickout the trace soy then  maybe you will see more results.

Does she have silent reflux at all? Here are symptoms: -

http://www.cradle2kindy.com.au/BlogRetrieve.aspx?BlogID=1159&PostID=15358