Author Topic: Question about milk at 1yr old  (Read 982 times)

Offline choc

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: August 28, 2011, 14:10:04 pm »
My son will turn 1 in 6 weeks and I have no idea what the done thing is when it comes to milk, other than that they can have cows milk.  At the moment he has 3 bottles a day.  When should this drop to 2?  Or do I wait til he refuses it or something?  And then does he still have milk when he wakes up and before he goes to bed?  Should they both be in a cup?

Sorry for all the questions! I am clueless on this!
Gemma

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
Re: Question about milk at 1yr old
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:42:56 am »
My LO is just over 1 and he dropped down to 2 bottles a day at about 11.5 months.. he started refusing it or only drinking a few oz so it is now replaced with a snack.  As for bottles he still has a bottle when he wakes up about 45 mins before breakfast.. he only takes 4 oz and an 8oz bottle before bed.  When he drinks milk or whatever else during the day it is in a sippy cup.

Offline FroggyMom

• Showing Appreciation 12
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 16:00:24 pm »
My DS is 20 months, and he still drinks milk 3 times a day.  He has a sippy cup of milk with breakfast, lunch and dinner.  He drinks approximately 16-18 oz. a day (pediatrician says average is 12-16 oz. for his age).  When my son was 12 months, he did still have milk in the morning and before bed (as well as with meals...so 5 times a day).  We switched him to a sippy cup for snack only first.  Then, we used sippy cup for snack and meals but let him keep his milk in a bottle for morning and before bedtime.  Once he was used to the sippy cup, we phased out the morning and before bedtime bottles and used a sippy cup. 

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 16:15:46 pm »
Thanks ladies, Aidan is already fab with a sippy cup, so hopefully the transition will be ok!
Gemma