Author Topic: 'Puter help please  (Read 1780 times)

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
'Puter help please
« on: August 28, 2011, 23:31:35 pm »
Some Mouse has been playing with my laptop again.  She has done something to the mousepad.  I can use the touch thing to move the cursor around, but tapping on it does nothing.  I have to use the right/left buttons to do anything.  Especially annoying as DH the computer dude does not seem to grok what I'm talking about.  Cleaned the mouse/buttons and no change.   :P
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline lchuynh

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • Catch me if you can!
    • all new adventures
Re: 'Puter help please
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 01:00:09 am »
Don't you hate it when someone mucks with your settings?!?!

OK, so I'm assuming you are on Windows XP although I'm sure Vista's settings will be similar. After a reboot of the laptop go to Start, Settings, Control Panel. There should be a Mouse Settings Configuration in the list. Once you are in there you should have a tab with the Touchpad settings (where you can change sensitivity, speed etc) and you will also see a setting for "Taps". Usually they are radio or check boxes that say "Tap to Click", "Tap to DragLock" etc. Wordings will vary depending on brand of laptop but this is generally where you can make those settings.

HTH, and if still lost then let us know the brand of laptop and operating system you are running for more specific details. ;)
~Lien~
My personal blog about our adventures in the wilderness of parenthood - http://www.allnewadventures.com

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: 'Puter help please
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 01:50:51 am »
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I don't even know how she did this, alll she was doing was playing on Barbie.com.  Why Supergeek couldn't grasp this I don't get either.  Men!!  And Mouses!!!!!!!
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.