Author Topic: at 6 weeks do i feed every time he wakes?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
at 6 weeks do i feed every time he wakes?
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:44:52 am »
When Levi wakes in the night (sometimes exactly at the 3 hour mark every time, but not always, sometimes less) do I feed him regardless of the time etc because hes so young? Should I take into account that hes sick with Whooping Cough and may need more feeds because of this?

also what do you do when a DF isnt a DF, so tonight he woke at 9.30pm, which he never does, I put the dummy in and 20mins later hes spat it out and crying again so I just fed him and he fell asleep on the bottle but drank most of it, is letting him fall asleep on the bottle at the supposed DF ok or should I wake him a little before putting him back to bed so as not to associate the whole feeding to sleep thing? When i dont do a DF he doesnt wake till about 11.30/12.30 ish so Im still unsure about whether to try the DF or maybe hes too young for this still?? gah, so confusing!

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: at 6 weeks do i feed every time he wakes?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 14:57:06 pm »
I would just go with his needs/cues at this age Jo.  I really don't think he will form a strong feed to sleep association this young.  If you are worried about it though, does he wake when you burp him after eating??  You could do a bum change to provide a break between the bottle and sleep.  I know for me, I just fed to sleep at that age as it was better for all involved to get some rest ;)

Poor little man having whopping cough! 

As for the DF questions, I never did one nor did I try so I cannot answer you about it.. I always gave a full bottle before bed and then waiting for DD to wake on her own.  She woke twice until she was 3 months at about 11pm/midnight and again at 3/4am.  From 3 months to 4.5 months, she only woke once between 2-4am and went right back to sleep.  In general, her nights were 8pm - 7am.

What do you think?