Author Topic: 6 month old suddenly not able to STTN every few nights and drink less milk, why?  (Read 1165 times)

Offline pondofstillwater

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
DD is 26.5 week or 6 months and 10 days. She has been very good all around as she is an angle baby.

12 weeks ago she started to wake at night for a feed so I thought it is growth spurt. Her spurt so far only last 48hr. But then she started to reduce milk intake as well during the day at 11am and 3pm. I had to keep on forcing but still quite hard. We had started BLW at 5 months and she was keen on milk as main source of food. But everything seems changed 14 days ago. She is not waking up every night which is a plus but I am worried she is not taking enough in the day which can possibly develop into a habit wanting to top up in the night (between 3-5am).

I understand that I might have too hight of expectation of DD to STTN daily, especially with 26week of mental leap, growth spurt, teething, wanting to master more motor skills..... We still have a very solid EASY everyday. Just the reduced milk intake and inconsistent waking at night.

I Wonder if anyone is or has gone through the same thing and it is just a phase that DD is adjusting... Should I do anything different? I did scale back the lunch solids. So now DD is only having Breakkie and Dinner.

Offline pondofstillwater

• Showing Appreciation 1
Sorry for my typo... I meant 12 days ago, not weeks....

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
how much less is her milk intake? (how many oz. for the whole day) If she's been having some during the night maybe that's why she's decreasing during the day. The waking at night may not be hunger, it could be anything, I'd try settling her back to sleep without feeding-unless she's obviously hungry.
Does that make sense?

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011

Offline pondofstillwater

• Showing Appreciation 1
Yes, that is making sense. She settles back last night after over an hour talking to herself. I probably was to quick to go in.... I usually waited for half an hour before acting...

Is giving water ok in the night?

She reduced about 2oz each for 11am and 3pm feed. I don't give lunch yet but she does have breakfast and dinner with the BLW method.

When does baby usually start to drop a bottle? 7-9 months? Is dropping a bottle at 6 month too early?

Offline kayra

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 60
  • 2 for 1!!
If she's having solids her overall milk intake is going to be less though she probably wouldn't drop a whole bottle quite yet. Dropping a whole bottle would be when solids basically start taking the place of a bottle feed.

Our angel Victor 06.11.10  We miss you, but look forward to the day we will see you again my love 1Cor. 15
Angel, April 2011