Author Topic: Dropped to 3 but all going wonky  (Read 936 times)

Offline kirstym

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: September 12, 2011, 20:07:55 pm »
Hello my DD is nearly 10 months and dropped to 3 bottles a day about 4 weeks ago but over the last week I think we are experiencing a big if teething although no teeth have appeared yet?? She only drinks about 4 ozs at each bottle!! Thus us not enough surely? And now we are waking anywhere between 10.30pm and 1am fir a bottle and yes she drinks a full bottle! I always make up 180ml as this was her normal amount before, why is this happening now? and if it is due to teething doesn't this last only a few days?

And I'm worried this is just the start or already too late her getting used to a bottle when she wakes up at night, but can't think how to change things as I need to feed her as I think she hungry?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dropped to 3 but all going wonky
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 20:36:39 pm »
She's probably hungry because she's not getting enough in the day, but she's maybe not taking so much in the day because of the night bottle.

At 10 months she needs a minimum of 20oz which does include the dairy in her solids, the 3 bottles plus the night bottle gives her 18oz so it's a low intake but could be worse. I would reduce that night bottle by 1oz every 3 nights and resettle as soon as she has had the bottle and try to get those calories switched back to the day.

Laura

Offline kirstym

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:16:59 am »
Thank you it's so frustrating although she does have dairy ie cheese and yogurts too but u will try to reduce an oz a night something got to change thank you I will start tonight by only giving her 4oz as she would normally drink 6 and last night I only made up 5 I will let you know how it all goes thank you

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Dropped to 3 but all going wonky
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 06:35:05 am »
Don't drop the night bottle too quickly, do 1oz every 3 nights so she can get used to the lesser amount slowly and adjust both in the night and the day.

Laura

Offline kirstym

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 04:51:59 am »
Hi every 3 nights!! I dropped to 4oz tonight thinking I was doing the right thing when she woke at 12.15am!! Finished the feed and went straight back down only to wake at 5am!! I left her for a while thought she might re settle herself then after 10 mins still awake I made up 3 oz just to tie her over til her morning bottle and she fussed wanting more but managed to get her to sleep, I'm just hoping she wants her morning bottle otherwise I'm even in a worse place than before!! oh the joys of tweaking routines!!! Lol