Author Topic: Stopping DF  (Read 862 times)

Offline maka

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: September 12, 2011, 20:28:37 pm »
Hi all, my ds is 7 months and was never a good formula eater. We are trying to stop DF which was usually only 5oz given at 11pm. So I started with 4oz at 10:30pm for 3 days and then 3oz at 10pm for 3 days, then 2oz at 9:30pm and basically now down to 1oz at 9pm. Since his DF formula intake was only 5oz total I find myself wondering if it makes sense to continue with 1oz at 9pm. We currently experiencing a number of NW that I doubt due to hunger bc he is not too eager to eat in the morning either. Since we also having napping issues I think he just teething. I wonder if I should just stop at this point with DF and see how it goes. I have been trying to add extra oz during the day to compensate for DF and he does take just a bit more during each feeding during the day. His total day intake is around 24oz and he is on 3 times per day solid meals. What do you guys think?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Stopping DF
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 20:32:04 pm »
I doubt that 1oz is making any difference, I would just stop it. If he is getting 24oz plus his solids that's not too bad, just keep an eye that his milk intake doesn't drop below that!

Laura

Offline maka

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 20:41:16 pm »
Thanks Laura. He is a refluxer so bottle feeding was always a struggle. He definitely enjoys solids more than formula :-)