Author Topic: Anyone's DC a gamer?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Nauvoo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
Anyone's DC a gamer?
« on: September 13, 2011, 00:35:39 am »
Just wondering because it seems to me that kids are gamers at much younger ages.  My niece (3 yrs) is better at video games than I ever thought of being.  And now my 2 year old DD is showing interest every time DH turns them on.  :-\  Luckily DH rarely ever plays but we spend lots of time with family who does. :(  Anyone know of games that are educational?  inspiring?  creative?
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline Mum-of-Two

• Showing Appreciation 87
Re: Anyone's DC a gamer?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 01:20:00 am »
We have the odd ball computer looking toys, they aren't computers, they are toys made to look like computers sort of thing.  DD never paid any attention, DS, however, has learned his letters by using that crazy toy.  I never would have imagined.

pbskids.org has some interesting stuff on it too... sort of have to navigate through but you can find educational games in the Sid the Science kid section.

I don't let my kids on xbox or anything like that yet, plenty of time for that.  They do enjoy the computer though, even my son who is about the same age as your daughter.  But again, DD never had much interest -- DS, lots of interest.

Angels 7wks-June07, 11wks-Oct07, 5wks-Jan08

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 19:11:44 pm »
The Leap Frog Leapster is educational....

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline CCCmom27

• Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 21:55:40 pm »
DS1 (3.5) likes to play the Wii.  He plays the sports games and has a Cars game.  He goes through spurts where he'll want to play it daily and now he's gone a couple of weeks without asking to play.   It's in our bonus room above the garage so I think he forgets about it half the time ;)  He normally watches one TV show in the morning and one in the afternoon.  So if he wants to play games it generally takes the place of watching TV.  It's something fun he and DH do together.  I think half the time he just picks something then has DH play and he just watches.