Author Topic: Quiet Activity Ideas  (Read 1466 times)

Offline MommaBrooke

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Quiet Activity Ideas
« on: September 16, 2011, 01:02:16 am »
I have decided to start "quiet activity time" with my LO.  She is a very spirited 1yr old and her A times are getting quite long and her nap is getting shorter and shorter :(  I am working on adjusting her schedule to hopefully increase the length of her nap, BUT until I get it right I need some ideas for calm quiet activities to do with her to span the time that she "should" be napping.  TIA!

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Re: Quiet Activity Ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 15:58:06 pm »
Bumping this up for more eyes.

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 19:44:33 pm »
My son isn't spirited (I think, I've not done that quiz thing for ages and he came out as Angel / Textbook which definitely ain't right) but quiet things I do with him are reading, cuddling, playing with wooden building blocks (letting him build is much quieter than when he's knocking down), going in the garden and looking at the plants and smelling the herbs.  We sometimes look at pictures in a small album of family but that could be a bit too much for a spirited one?

Sorry, those might all be daft ideas?!
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:06 am »
Brooke do you have wooden puzzles? The ones with the pincer grip knobs? These are great alt to books etc if your LO isn't in the 'mood' for books as Z sometimes gets now! We have a number one and an animal one and I just sit with him while he plays with, and tries to put back (new thing for him ATM)

Another thing he is loving is sitting down on the ground/mat and passing a small ball back and forth to me. AND a funny one...he loves to pull out ALL my ribbons etc from one of my material boxes, it will usually hold 10mins of attn.

So hard when they hit this age aye...things just dont seem to hold their attn for long and they just dont want to 'read' anymore ::) x

***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.