Author Topic: Teething and not taking good bottles, should I hold off on her solids?  (Read 1734 times)

Offline lovie

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My almost 9 month old is teething and has a horrible runny nose. I have been BF in morning and night and bottle feeding with formula for 2nd and 3rd feeds of day. She hardly eats 1 or 2 oz of formula with the bottle and does fine with the BF as normal.

I know that milk needs to be the main source of food still at this point. That being said, if she hasn't been eating normal bottle feeds should I continue to give her solids foods without eating a complete bottle or try the bottle an hour after her first bottle and no solids?

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Re: Teething and not taking good bottles, should I hold off on her solids?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:16:32 pm »
sometimes if the nose is blocked and baby is snuffly, they find it hard to suck from the bottle because of the air flow problems! You could offer fluids from a sippy or open cup and see if that gets some in? or offer milky solids (like custard, rice pudding etc) to help get extra milk in. Once her nose clears, she might find it easier to go back to the bottle.
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 21:12:44 pm »
To be honest, if she is unwell I would just try and get what food/milk you can into her  ;) If she won't take much milk try yoghurt, cheese and other soft foods which would be easy to get down if teething.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 23:01:50 pm »
Have you thought about just replacing those bottle feeds with BF for now since she is taking that fine??  The extra fluids will help her if she isn't well...