Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33925 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #315 on: October 23, 2011, 11:32:04 am »
I would just go for 6pm BT - but then they work for us and I know if I didn't get that CN I would have more OT by bed. Good luck whichever way you go hun :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #316 on: October 23, 2011, 11:37:21 am »
You could try the CN and if no go then do EBT?

We had the worst night in about 6 months last night.  Pretty sure its the molars.  he cried from 10pm til 12am then started again on and off from 5am til 6.30 when he started to wake and cry properly so we got up.  He still did well to last til 12pm though.  he is asleep now and has just passed the 30min mark with no WU for the first time!
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #317 on: October 23, 2011, 12:13:35 pm »
Also meant to say, Melissa hope you are feeling better about things today xx
Gemma

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2011, 12:25:21 pm »
So for the first time since we have been doing this he hasn't woken mid nap at 3min or 1hr mark which is good.  But he did wake after 1hr15 which is less than the last 2 days.  Is this all sounding ok seeing as we just started out?  I did medicate before the nap today.
He also woke at 6.30 instead of 7 today so the A was longer. 

Just looking for reassurance that this is all normal progress for the early days!
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:21 pm »
You girls are right I am almost 2 weeks in but the only that has truly been consistent is doing 1 nap but the times have flopped between 11:30 and 12ish. She was asleep by 6:30 last night (pd at 6 though she just played for whatever reason :/).

STTN til 7:30!!! 13 hr STTN  which is great but last time she did this the maps went downhill. I moved her nap that day figuring 11:30 was too early after that long of a sleep and that late of a wake up. If I remember correctly I did something lik 12:15-12:30. Ever since i went from 1 hr 45 min naps to 1 hr naps. So what do I do today?  She clearly had a great nights sleep. Yesterday she was out around 12:10. Should I do an early lunch with a 12 pm nap to stay close to yesterday's time?  

I'm guessing with these 12-13 hr STTN one can say EBT works for us. I just still wonder if it will ever produce a longer nap if she is THAT well rested. My other question is how long of a nap doesn't require an EBT where I can actually try to pd at a normal BT at say 7-7:30?
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2011, 15:50:48 pm »
WOOT WOOT!  We had a shortish nap yesterday from 1030-1210... kept her up until 645 and she woke at 645!!!  NO NW!!!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2011, 16:37:53 pm »
That's awesome Kara congrats!!!!
<3 Melissa

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2011, 17:23:43 pm »
Hi melissa - not sure if this will get to you in time but IIWM I would definitely stick with yesterday's nap time.  She has slept a great night in order to catch up on the sleep she's lost at nap time over the last few days, so its more about catch up, rather than her being well rested already IYSWIM?  She could still be a wee bit OT so its a big risk to push her on any later, although I do understand the worry about her being UT & doing a short nap.  Sleep begets sleep, so the better rested she is, the better she should nap.  Lets hope it went well.

We tried for a CN but we were'nt successful, so we went with a 6pm EBT.  Aarrrggghhh!!!  I am REALLY scared we may be up at 4.30 or 5am tomorrow.  Watch this space!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2011, 17:57:05 pm »
clairebear-I actually decided to go with the original nap time of 11:30...that has been the goal set nap time but yesterday we ran late and then she played a bit...and I thought exactly as you just said...sleep begets sleep in the past I thought to push the nap since she had such a great night but today i thought lets do the earlier set time and see what happens...because she was well rested it was still catch up and not  a time to really push too hard...so i completely agree..and man did it payoff?!

2 hr nap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I was sooo excited you have no idea...I am so happy.  so she slept 11:30-1:25 (5 mins shy of 2 hrs but whatever lol)  so now the question is what time do i pd?  this has been our day so far

7:30 wake up
11:30-1:25 nap
????   BT

so use to having to do the EBT at 6pm not sure what to do after a 2 hr nap...does the same rule apply as this morning sleep begets sleep?   is this still all catch up?  should I do the EBT tonight at 6 to be safe or can I push til 6:30-7ish?  what do you think..last thing I want to do is mess things up you know?
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2011, 18:03:59 pm »
Well done you!  2hrs seems a world away for us!
Gemma

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2011, 18:36:02 pm »
YAY!!!!!  Fab nap Melissa!!!!!  You made totally the right call there - well done you!!!

Hmmm - very tricky.  IIWM, I would probably go middle ground with 6.30pm so she is doing a 5hr A time to BT.  She has done a great nap so she should be able to handle it.  B/c she only did 4hrs A to naptime today, I think if you do BT any earlier, she might not have clocked up enough A time over the day as a whole, to sleep a nice long night.  But equally I probably wouldn't push to 7pm b/c 5.5hrs A might be a bit too much & might get her OT again.  And with the sleep begets sleep thing, you don't want her to go down OT at BT (but you don't want her UT either!).  I think you might just need to watch her closely for tired signs.  If she needs to go down earlier, go with your gut & do it.  But if she seems ok then let her go a bit longer.

Anyone else got any thoughts on this?   

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2011, 18:49:53 pm »
I don't feel qualified to give an opinion on this one!  Probably if it was me and A did a 2hr nap I would do a normal bedtime of 7pm, but that doesn't mean its the right thing to do!

We are still finding our feet with the 1 nap.  He had a little CN of 20mins this afternoon as we were in the car.  Hope that is ok and won't ruin our progress.  So far we have had 2 days of 1hr20/25 naps but with wake ups and 1 day with a 1hr15 nap but no wake ups.  Looking forward to see what happens tomorrow! 
Gemma

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2011, 19:03:19 pm »
Congrats on that nap Melissa!!!!!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2011, 19:28:47 pm »
Congrats Melissa! Go you :-* Hope your night goes well too
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2011, 19:47:59 pm »
Thanks guys I was definitely excited. Think I will watch her. Last night I pd at 6pm for an EBT. Was a 5 hr A after a 1 hr nap but then she played in her crib til 6:30!  So today with a 2 hr nap I am thinking at least 6:30. Good middle ground you think?
<3 Melissa