Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33928 times)

Offline Smurfette

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #345 on: October 24, 2011, 16:46:28 pm »
Nope, she napped 30 mins. But she pooped, so I don't know if that's why she didn't go to sleep or if that's why she woke up. She's been doing that alot lately (having a BW somewhere during a nap). Yesterday DH put her down for the am nap and she was taking awhile to fall asleep so he went and checked on her thinking she had done that and she hadn't. Today I leave her and she has! What gives???

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2011, 16:54:15 pm »
haha i had that the other day too and often wonder was it before or what woke her?  hard to say and i hate going in to check cause than she screams bloody murder when i leave...
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2011, 16:57:16 pm »
choc I'm glad I could help...I often say oh these people will think i am mean or crazy but in the end i don't care... i raise my kids how i think is right and that is all that matters to me...wait til they get older lol...i have a 7 yr old and introduce myself to his friends moms as the neurotic mom lol...cause from what i have run into most parents aren't like I am when it comes to what I allow him to do and what I don't...I hardly let ANYONE drive my kids...i don't allow him to play outside unsupervised etc...and i am shocked to see how many parents do not step outside with their children...i'd rather be overprotective and have my kids safe even if they hate me for it lol...just where I stand...anyway the point is you have to do what is right for you and don't ever let someone feel wrong for it
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2011, 16:57:59 pm »
i hate going in to check cause than she screams bloody murder when i leave

Exactly! That's why I didn't go in but now I feel bad if she was sitting in it while she was trying to settle! She had a BM earlier in the morning so I thought we were good. Arg.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2011, 17:15:47 pm »
Thanks Melissa, you are totally right.  I don't know why I am being unconfident about this really because I bring Aidan up differently to a lot of my friends and I stood by my decisions with confidence.  Everyone thought I was mental for Baby Led Weaning as they had never heard of it.  Aidan does not eat junk, drink juice etc only has home cooked food except for the very occasional treat.  Lots of my friends and family think I am too strict!

I think maybe it is because she has to look after him if he is moody/tired etc and I feel bad or like she thinks I'm mean.  Why is it that most people you talk to just say 'go with the flow' or 'let them do what they want to do'.  Arrhhh I hate it!  Even DH was like this up to a few months ago when I said ok lets do what he wants and he slept 2x30min naps and was miserable!  Now DH understands, but most people don't.
Gemma

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2011, 17:35:36 pm »
ugh... sick baby :(  Alexandra has a cold so a one nap day is totally out of the question here!  She went to bed at 715pm and woke screaming at 1210am... I resettled her fairly quickly and she woke at 530am for the day... Once I got her up and had a chance to really sit with her for a bit, I realized that she is all stuffy :(  No wonder she couldn't get back to sleep... poor kid has a drippy nose today... down for a nap just before 10am... playing it by ear today for sure!

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #351 on: October 24, 2011, 17:38:32 pm »
they are babies...they need guidance...going with the flow in most situations is not an option for me.  i do believe you need to follow their signs at times but we are called parents for a reason and that is our job.  i think it's great that you keep a close eye on what he eats...i was just saying how hard it is sometimes and wish i was more persistent with it...both my kids love fruit and veggies neither eat red meat but do tend to have more "prepared foods" than I'd really like...going to get on the ball more with that.  I do buy a lot of organic and they do well with it.  i think you are doing a great job :)
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #352 on: October 24, 2011, 17:39:25 pm »
awe kara so sorry to hear...definitely good to give her whatever she needs to get through it...i hate when they are sick..it's the worse :/
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #353 on: October 24, 2011, 18:07:31 pm »
Sorry she is poorly Kara, hugs x

I agree with what you say Melissa.  I know I am strict in a lot of areas but then I am teacher of 4 and 5 year olds and I see what can happen!!  I also didn't want my 6month olds 2 day old tooth to get rotten cos everyone thought they could feed him chocolate and cake as he was being weaned now!
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #354 on: October 24, 2011, 18:16:49 pm »
ugh yea people love to give kids junk food what is that about?  i think they like to see them enjoy it  but you'd get the same reaction from my kids if you gave them a piece of fruit so.....

well we had a 1 hr 45 min nap day..still fairly good...gonna stick with it all for now for a while and hope it gets longer...up at 1:15 thinking 6:30 BT?...
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #355 on: October 24, 2011, 18:58:21 pm »
Love the new avatar!  6.30 sounds good.
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #356 on: October 24, 2011, 18:59:19 pm »
thanks choc ;)
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #357 on: October 24, 2011, 19:58:10 pm »
Has anyone had both am and pm nap refusals?? I don't know what to do! She was just bawling when I put her down so I went back in and tried to read some stories but she kept flipping over on me. Tried to nurse, didn't want it.
???

Offline clairebear79

• Claire
  • Showing Appreciation 49
  • My grown up boy! 12 months old
« Reply #358 on: October 24, 2011, 20:03:09 pm »
Smurfette - I think she's gotten caught up on her OT & now she doesn't want to sleep again.  She's heading for 1 nap I'm sure.  What time is her AM nap now?  Could you just nudge it out a little each day until it falls after lunch ???

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #359 on: October 24, 2011, 20:06:50 pm »
Well she's for sure ot now! What the heck is going on?