Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33927 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #405 on: October 26, 2011, 05:27:08 am »
Oh I didnt mean that you arent hun sorry! Just trying to encourage you that on those off days if you go back  to the plan she will come right. The 10min CN in the car are the worst! I agre you need the EBT when the naps are short. Sounds like you have her sussed! Even if it doesnt always feel like it.
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #406 on: October 26, 2011, 10:22:04 am »
Ugh 7pm bed....5:30am wake up. COME ON!!!! Gave her a bottle once it was clear she wasn't resettling probably around 5:45. Put back in crib and I have watched her play and lay down play and lay down for about 25 mins now. I want to cry. 2nd day of EW. Why?  What's causing it? I don't know where they are coming from.  Still have hope she will fall back to sleep if DH can learn how to get ready quietly (not very good at it). Gets me so mad sometimes. Not like HE has to deal with it.  LOL sorry that's for another forum lol. Anyway as long as she isn't crying I plan on leaving her til about 6:30. Doesn't really count as sleep though :/. Do I stick with the 11:30 nap? 
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #407 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:03 am »
Sara oh no I know you weren't saying I wasn't.  I'M sorry lol. Didn't mean for my reply to come off that way at all. I was just agreeing with frustration that she makes it do hard to accomplish you know?
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #408 on: October 26, 2011, 11:18:38 am »
Oh no Melissa thats rubbish. Did she go back to sleep? 

We too had an EW at 5.30 but he did go back to sleep. Also having NWs too for the first time in 4 months or so.  Part of me thinks its cos I've done this jump to 1 nap and maybe he isn't ready but also the NWs started the night before we started 1 nap and his molars are cutting so really I think it is that.  I feel like we have gone majorly backwards though as he only started sttn at 9 and a half months.

I am just gonna keep going with the nap though and hope he adjusts more by Monday when he goes to the CM's.  He is so tired in the mornings though but I think that is from the NWs not because his A time is too long really.  It would be the right A if he was sleeping better at night.
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #409 on: October 26, 2011, 11:39:34 am »
Choc I def think u should stick with it. This is your time and I really think you are using it wisely. Yes she went back to sleep. Was kind if restless but she slept and was up at 6:50...so we will be doing 11:30 nap for sure. Wish I knew why she is doing these EWs all of a sudden. :/
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #410 on: October 26, 2011, 11:45:48 am »
Tell me about it!  Could it be teeth for you?
Thanks for reassurance (again!).  He has slept past the 30min mark without waking.
Gemma

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #411 on: October 26, 2011, 14:00:17 pm »
*sigh*
6:40 BT last night resulted in 6 am wu this morning,which is almost an earlier than what she's been doing.So now what do I do for a first nap? Do I try 10 am which will be 4 hours or should I just go straight to 12?

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #412 on: October 26, 2011, 15:37:16 pm »
smurfette...would you refresh my memory?  your goal is 1 set nap? I know yesterday you had a 2nd nap because the first was only 30 mins...did you leave her at all when she first woke?  if your goal is 1 set nap I'd pick a time and stick with it no matter what...thinking 12 is too big of a jump though...I'd try 11-11:30...and then just do that as nap time for a week or so and see where it brings you...think we all have this habbit of jumping around too much thinking what we are doing isn't working but like most things it takes time and day 1 could be a complete success and day 3 can be a total disaster but either way i think its best to keep with 1 set plan whatever that might be and give it timeto work itself out...if she wakes give her a good 10-15 mins and see if she goes back to sleep...she may surprise you...if i remember correctly most of us had the 30-40 min mark wake up BUT followed by a resettle when left alone.  of course if you have screaming you want to intervene but a little fuss or babbling never hurt anyone...try to give her some of the power to resettle herself...if you DO get a short nap...I'd go with an EBT of 6pm...I remember reading a story in tracy's book that said to skip the 2nd nap to allow the 1 nap to grow longer...some days the 2nd nap is necessary if you have an early short nap on your hands...but in our experience she refuses them so I usually just go for the EBT...they do seem to work for us. 

<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #413 on: October 26, 2011, 15:46:01 pm »
Hey Melissa

My goal isn't neccesarily one nap, I just would like *a* nap. ;) For 2 days she has only napped for 30 mins and refused to sleep for the PM nap and both times it took 30-45 mins to fall asleep. I'm so scared of EWs again so I don't want to push her too much but on the other hand, if she's not napping, she's not napping, y'know?
 And yes, we have been leaving her but she started having a BM (like 4 or 5 times) during the nap so then she wouldn't settle, so now I'm not sure what to do. It's like you said before, once I go in there and leave (for example like if I checked her diaper when she woke at 30 or 40 mins) then she would be hysterical for sure.

It's 10:40 am here and I just came back from errands and she was just kinda relaxing in the car, so I'm thinking she should be tired, but I have no idea.

It's funny though, I've talked to 2 other ppl in the last few days who are sooooo casual about their baby's sleep (or lack thereof) and they just stare at me when I talk about DD's naps. I can just *hear* their thoughts, 'whoa, this one's crazy. She obviously has too much time on her hands'. ::)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #414 on: October 26, 2011, 15:55:47 pm »
Lmao smurfette I hear you there. I feel totally wrapped up in her sleep and find many are relaxed but most times those babies don't get what they need and once you find your answer she will be in a good place. You are a good mom fit being so involved.

That said to me it sounds like 1 nap may just be your answer. Nap refusal I would say is a good indication of that. I would go with 11:30 nap IIWM. At 11 do a good snack at 11:15 diaper change and bottle maybe?  That's what we do. Go in her room feed her in there where it's quiet and no stimulation and when shes done just lay her in the crib and leave the room. I find the warm bottle in her quiet dark room always brings on the droopy eyes and relaxes her enough to roll over and be asleep within mins
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #415 on: October 26, 2011, 16:37:04 pm »
Lol, I did pretty much that (without reading your response) and she was out in 5 mins. Hallelujah!
We'll see how long she goes, probably only 30-40 mins but at least she went to sleep quickly like she normally does.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #416 on: October 26, 2011, 16:41:55 pm »
haha how funny....is that your normal before nap routine?  or were you trying something new? good luck...try to be positive...can't hurt...and definitely let her go a bit if she does wake early...keep us posted...
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #417 on: October 26, 2011, 17:09:57 pm »
Crap. 30 mins again. :(

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #418 on: October 26, 2011, 17:14:42 pm »
and no resettle? how long did you let her go?  did she have a dirty diaper? blah i'm sorry...so what time is it now? about noon?  I'd say do lunch a little play time and try again at....ummmmm.....if it's 12 I'd try again at 2-2:30 unless you think she needs sooner...with a short nap and your history of UT/OT cycle you definitely don't want to wait TOO long you know?  good luck...keep us posted
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2011, 17:30:27 pm »
No, there was no resettle, I left her for close to 20 mins and she just walks around the crib and then cries. The first few times when we left her, it would take maybe 10 mins for her to go back to sleep and she would lie down but she's not even trying. ANd yes her diaper was dirty again.
The thing is, is that she has been totally refusing a 2nd nap.
This is so bizzare.
How can a kid survive on 30 mins of day sleep?