Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33959 times)

Offline new mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2011, 06:13:39 am »
Despite everything LO still woke up during the night, 5 times and then had an EW at 5am.

This was our routine yesterday. Should I stick to it for a few days and see how it goes, or should I change something and start again?

A: 7am
S: 11am - 11.45am (I woke him up)
A: 12PM - 2.30
S: 2.30 - 3.45
A: 3.45 - 7pm
S: 7.15

Not sure what to do today as he was dozing on and off between 5am - 6.15 and then dozed again until 7am. What do you do if there are EW which COMPLETELY throw your routine out the window?

Mums, I am so tired of this and its not yet 9am. LO is happy watching his morning cartoons, but Im just incredabily shattered and feel like crying into my mug of tea. :-(

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2011, 06:22:02 am »
Did he wake himself from that PM nap or did you wake him? I see your first A was 4 hours. Were you going to do 3.5? Sometimes the jump can be too much for them and they get OT. A lot of it is trial and error unfortunately too, took us a few weeks to get into some kind of pattern that worked ((HUGS)) It is so hard!

Our 1 naps days are not looking so great at the moment, not sure if OT, teeth or something else but DS will not go to sleep tonight!!! 6hr A and counting right now ::)
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2011, 13:43:53 pm »
Blugh.... so we had TWO night wakings!!!!!  She was asleep by 7:45 and woke up at 12 and 4.  After 2 nights of sleeping through the night that was rough but I really think something was bothering her possibly her teeth... or my mom tried mandarin oranges maybe they didn't agree with her?  But at least she slept until 7:10.. so the question is now her normal nap time is at a 4 hour A  usually and at 10 o'clock...should I leave it?  She had been waking at 6-6:30 and i would keep the nap at 10 regardless and she would give about an hour and a half nap with either wake up time... so just wondering what to do with a 7:10 wake up.  Was thinking maybe 10:30-10:45? 
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2011, 15:21:55 pm »
well my mom put her down around 10:20 after she saw her rub her eyes and get very whiny...will update later no idea what time she fell asleep or if she has yet...

Its only considered this if you are on a 1 nap day. 1.5 is great for a 2 nap day

gotcha...

smurfette...so how did your night go?  hope you have better luck today!

<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2011, 15:27:51 pm »
newmummy....I know your advice is all over the place sometimes and you don't know which route to go but i am not really a fan of capping naps to be honest and I am not so sure it's necessary in your situation...again I really don't think he is getting TOO  much day sleep...if so its not by much...and personally if it were me...I'd cap the pm nap and let him wake on his own in the a.m....for me i felt if the pm nap was awful at least she had a good a.m....she did this for months...you can always move up the BT if the pm is that short...which if I were you I would do anyway....good luck
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2011, 15:35:05 pm »
no idea what time it is there by you but if it were me I would do a 3.5 hr A this morning...if he really got in some sleep up until 7 maybe go from there?  hard to say without really know how much he got by you saying on and off but I assume you can make that call...then depending on the length of that first nap do a full A of 3.5 hrs to pm nap...so that being said...

w.u. 7
nap 10:30 (let sleep say you get 1.5 hrs)
3.5 hr A
nap 3:30 (as much as I hate capping I don't suggest he goes more than 1 hr ...as I said this is the one I would personally cap if need be)
then BT I'D say at 6:30

now I know that seems like a short time from the last nap but I have to tell you as a mom who had a dd with MANY MANY NW's like yourself...they NEED that earlier BT...they are not getting a healthy solid night sleep...

all my opinion only...obviously...but like I always say...give it a shot...can't get much worse right?  stay positive and keep us posted ;)
<3 Melissa

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2011, 16:14:11 pm »
Had our first nap refusal today!  Pm nap, had to AP it in the car in the end.  He had 1hr30 am nap at child minders, I did a 4hr A time but he refused to sleep in his cot.

This is a new one for me!
Gemma

Offline new mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2011, 16:22:42 pm »
Thanks mum, thanks lily for all your suggestions as well, yep it is confusing bt I feel I have OPTIONS as opposed to just guessing randomly and hoping one day he'll just sleep sttn by himself!

Anyway, he went down for a nap at 11am and woke at 12.30pm. Refused his PM nap completely so I put him to bed early around 6.15/6.30. So he chose himself to take just 1nap today....eek! Im pretty sure he was OT and will get some bad results tonight, oh well, lets see.

I cant honestly say thank u enough for all your suggestions and help ladies, thanku and HUGS!!!! Will be back tomorrow with an update!

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 16:28:47 pm »
Hope the 1 nap goes well! 
Gemma

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2011, 18:12:49 pm »
Well we had a 35 min wake up after bt, then again at 11, then 1 and then she woke up for the day at 5:20. Ugh. Thankfully I was able to nurse and let her sleep on me for about 10 mins before transferring her back to the crib. She then woke up around 7 and I put her down for a nap around 12:30, so 5.5 hrs. We'll see how it goes.

I am currently having my kitchen painted by a friend of mine and she said that she just stuck with one routine when her boys transitioned (ie set nap and bts) and she said eventually their bodies catch up. I'm kinda wondering if that's just what I need to do b/c I am constantly changing DD's days according to A times.
However I don't want to go through months of 5:20 WUs if I can help it! At least she is happy most of the time, regardless of how long she slept. ;)

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2011, 18:15:20 pm »
Smurfette I wonder the same everyday and have tried both, set naps and cues!  I still can't decide which to stick to!
Gemma

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2011, 18:22:56 pm »
Pfft. Ok this sucks. DD just woke at 4o mins!! I'm so FRUSTRATED!!!!! Ugh. ::)

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2011, 18:34:58 pm »
I feel your pain smurfette.  Was ir first or 2nd nap?
Gemma

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2011, 19:06:30 pm »
Refused his PM nap completely so I put him to bed early around 6.15/6.30
(HUGS) hun this is what we got. If you get this again tomorrow try for a CN in the car maybe (a late arvo drive?) after a 4.15min A or so? This may help tide you over to BT :-*

To prevent nap refusals one usually caps the AM nap, but this didnt work for Z. He jsut short napped for both then. He seems to have always like a long AM. To get through this you really have to push that AM nap as close to 12 as you can (over time) and hope for 2hours.

Smurfett...sounds like OT or pain NW...what do you think? We had a hideous night here. Teeth are bulging. I really want to give Z a CN today but he just WONT take it anymore grrrrrr
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 19:07:40 pm »
ARGH!  I had two great days with amazing nights... wake around 650am, nap 1045-1245, CN 415-5, BT 8pm, STTN.

We had family photos booked for yesterday so I had to do a short AM long PM and now things are gonna take a couple of days to get back on track... gross.  But, at least I know what works well!  Just have to get there again ;)

Sounds like we are all having a few bumps in the road right now... maybe the kids are all communicating with each other to take us down ;)