Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33966 times)

Offline Smurfette

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2011, 19:22:57 pm »
Ok so I got her back down to sleep and then she slept for another 40 mins and woke and I got her back to sleep, AGAIN. Yup, clearly my DD is OT.
I wish she like a long PM nap instead but I think I'm at the point where I have to keep her at one nap and hope that her body gets the idea!

Otherwise if I do shorter A times, she gives me a hour nap and a 40 min PM nap or the day gets too long or all of the above. ::)  ::) ::)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2011, 23:46:53 pm »
Wow we had pm nap refusal too!!!! Crazy we all seem to be in the same boat....she went to bed at 6:15 too...hope for a better day tomorrow...honestly I am not gonna write off my game plan from a b ad day...everyday can't be the same as we know and I think the key is stick with a plan long enough to see long term results you know?  Set naps can work for some watching signs for others and timing A's for others....keep trucking ladies try to stay optimistic and remember that at the end of the day they will be ok and all we can do is our best...we are committed no question :)
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:49 am »
Good reminder for all of us Melissa - we have to stay the course!  It's tough when we have a few good days then a few tough ones.. makes you question your actions...

We had a tough day... DH woke DD up this morning as he had to work early... of course it was a day that I wanted to let her sleep in if she needed it ::)  Never fails.  But, she was up at 645 after an 830pm BT.  Then she short napped on me this morning... she was either OT or UT... not sure which but I am leaning towards UT.. she tends to pass out if OT... She was fairly restless during her nap as well and that is usually UT here... I just can't believe how quickly she is heading for one nap! 

She had a touch of a bug last week and was doing 3.5 hrs A... she is better now and easily does 4 hrs in the AM!  That will generally give me that lovely 2 hr nap... then we CN in the PM...

Sara - I can already see that A is going to be like Z and refuse that CN soon!!!  I suspect it will become a cuddle with mom on the couch very soon!  Good thing winter is upon us and I am happy to have a 30 min snuggle with a nice fuzzy blanket :)  I take the cuddles when I can get them now!  LOL!

Offline new mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2011, 06:04:50 am »
Had a horrrrrrrendus night - lol, !!! Ugh!!!

He woke twice before midnight and then from 12am - 2am he woke every 15mins. After that he woke every hour until at 4am I gave into BF to sleep and bought him into bed next to me, which he wasnt happy about anyway!! Woke at 6.40 which isnt too bad.

Going to put him to nap early today, around 9am as I think he's just exhausted poor baby. Will let him nap for however long he wants and then have a 4hour A time when he gets up and put him down for another PM nap. He was soooo OT yesterday that it really affected his night (I was hoping he was so tired he'd sleep through the night - puuuhh!!!!)

But like smuffette and other mums really feel like Im constantly changing ideas and plans and maybe if I just stuck with one routine then he'd get used to it.......does this work ladies??? He wakes different times all days, so maybe if I had a set AM nap regardless (eg 11am), and letting him sleep long for this and then a shorter PM nap?? (ZacsMummy, am thinking of changing it now so that he has a longer AM nap and shorter PM nap)....But will can this idea for a while as he had such a bad night and we just need to get some sort of sleep today. Oh man, feeling confused again.

Offline choc

• Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2011, 09:53:43 am »
new mummy that sounds like a horrible night, could teeth be playing a part here or illness?  That is a lot of night wakings, even for 2-1!

Aidan slept 12 hours last night and I reckon he could have had a much longer A today but had to put him down at 3hrs as we have an unavoidable appointement to go to later.  Typical!
Gemma

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2011, 11:02:40 am »
Thanks kara!  I think we can all feel defeated at times on this rollercoaster ride...

Newmummy I think that is a good plan...exactly what I would have done...shorter A and just let him sleep...goodluck...what did your day look like yesterday if you don't mind posting...

As for us after yesterdays 1 hr 20 min a.m. and pm nap refusal we did an EBT at 6:15 and she slept 12 hrs with NO NW's! :) 3rd one this week...definitely feels like we are getting somewhere.  I think our nap refusal was being OT and off schedule a bit...she woke later than she has been the last few weeks throwing her usual sleep times all off by 1 hr...and though I mostly follow tired signs they are usually consistent and end up being the same time give or take everyday...at the very least a good way to find a fitting A time. 
<3 Melissa

Offline new mummy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2011, 16:30:52 pm »
Lily, he slept just once yesterday for 1.5hrs hence the OT and bad night.

Today looked like this, lets see what the night brings though, not sure if I did it right.

A. 6.40
S. 9am - 10.30
A. 10-30 - 2.15 (long A time)
S: 2.15 - 3.40
A: 3.40 - 6.40
S: 7pm (on the dot. He was exhausted for some reason).

I didnt disturb any of his sleep (took naps with him!!!)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 19:18:15 pm »
New mummy, you may find your LO is still okay on two naps, but he just needed a tweak, or if he is teething he may be sleepier, or not sleep well if he has pain.
His days looks good, I remember a while back Z likes a long middle A time and a shorter one to BT, maybe your LO is the same :-\

I guess whatever road you take - when you start to cap naps you just need to be consistent and stick with it at least a week before re-evaluating. otherwise your LO will get confused IYKWIM. It is so hard to do, but once I stuck with one thing, eventually it came right :-*
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 19:30:27 pm »
Thanks for the reminder Sara - DD just did a 4 hr 15 min A time and I think I hear her on the monitor already - nap would be at the 1hr 35min mark... sigh.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2011, 22:11:44 pm »
OMG day 2 of nap refusal...so much for my speach...feeling defeated today but I kind of think I know why...she's been bouncing around this week between home and my moms because i am putting in extra hours...my boss' had a death in the family and needed me to cover them...so she's been napping at my moms in the  a.m. and then the pm i get her home and try to put her right down...maybe I should have let her play a bit and settle being home...also the times havent' been exactly right due to my having to work but also get home in time to get my son off the bus...she only slept 1 hr this morning after a 4 hr A was up at 11 and refused the pm which I tried at 2:30...she was yawning like CRAZY in the car...I tried to AP after she fussed in there for a bit...but didn't work...i put her in her crib anyway and she screamed!!!! ugh so we shall see how she does tonight :/ we have had  this nap refusal in the past when things get a little crazy....she is a sensitive babe...I dunno...not too happy at the moment but trying to maintain hope that when our schedule goes back to normal so will her sleep...hope you all had a good day
<3 Melissa

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2011, 22:24:01 pm »
Kara - You think UT or OT? For us 1.5hours is usually UT or teeth :-\...We are about to increase s A time, I think I am PD UT at the moment! Wish me luck!

Melissa do you think she needs more A time after a restorative nap? Z needed close to 4.5 hours before he would accept a CN - and that was only in the car ::)

***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2011, 23:55:27 pm »
Kara - You think UT or OT? For us 1.5hours is usually UT or teeth

I have no clue anymore... she ended up dozing back to sleep or was at least quiet until she hit 1 hr 50 min - then she woke screaming :(  I ran as fast as I could to her room and by the time I got there (about 10 seconds) there were tears streaming down her face... she was super grumpy all afternoon and everything seemed to upset her to the point of tears :(  Could be more teeth on the move - no bumps yet though... her top two still need to come down a bit as well so it could be that too...

Then she battled me with the CN too!  I am thinking I either need to put her down earlier for her AM nap and then get a shorter one allowing for a decent PM nap as opposed to a CN... or, I need to stick to her new A time for a few days and then give a shorter CN later than I am now... ugh.

How long can they generally last on a 30 min CN before BT?

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2011, 01:20:11 am »
FOr us it is 2hrs or so on a CN...ut then last 3 days have been a bust! I have no idea what is going on but we have screaming into naps and at BT ::) I think its teeth and reflux but I am so over it!
***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2011, 03:26:55 am »
I give up!  I got a CN 430 - 510 and then BT without much of a sound at all at 755. 

I am starting to think she may not be totally over the little cold that she had so I am just going to follow her lead for a few days to get her sorted and see what she prefers... I am starting to feel like I am trying to force this on her... maybe she isn't ready yet... maybe she is better to have an earlier AM nap of 90 mins (her usual) and then I just need to cap her PM a bit to give her a little more A before BT???

I ask again - why don't babies have a diagnostic computer???  YEESH!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2011, 03:34:39 am »
Gross tell me about it. Zac screamed 45mins into his nap, wouldn't resettle (I tried for 30mins then left hime for 30 grissling on and off) The worst part is he doesn't even seem tired!!!
***Sara***