Author Topic: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18  (Read 33970 times)

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Anyone Want To Talk About The 2-1 Transition? Thread #18
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 00:03:18 am »
Kara we did this
that awkward phase of some one nap days with a two nap day thrown in every 2-3 days to catch up :/
for ages, like a month. It started every time Z did a nap less than 2 hours then was every few days then he started to refuse all CN ::)

Melissa, I really do think 3 hours is way to short of a first A for her age etc. If she was needing that you would not be anywhere near the 2-1. The 2-1 will start when your LO is doing close to 4 hour A times. I would personally stick with a 3.5hr A min no matter what and see what she gives you after a few days but really I suspect she needs 4hrs or so but while short napping she is getting into a bit of a loop
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 01:46:33 am »
She does do a 4 hour A...we only did a 3 hr A in the afternoon because her morning. Nap was only 35 mins but other than that she does at least 4hrs

<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 14:35:22 pm »
omg...so i kept her up last night until 7...figuring well it's hard to ask her to sleep pass the 5:30 mark when she had been going to bed at 6..that IS nearly 12 hrs...I was only doing that EBT because her naps had been so awful....sigh...unfortunately...although she DID sttn again..she was up at 5:20...I went at 5:30 and nursed her and put her back in her crib around 5:50 as I have for NW's....she cried for a minute and then just laid there quietly til about 6:20...didn't go back to sleep though...then the poor thing was falling asleep in the car on the way to my moms at around 9:20...I did all I could to keep her awake..cause I knew it would be a quick 10 min CN by the time I got to my moms (she def would not have stayed asleep or have gone BACK to sleep so keeping her up was the way to go)  got to my moms and nursed her a bit and put her in the crib around 9:45 (at which point we were at a 4 hr 20 min A) she carried on so my mom took her out and calmed her down...now going to try and get her down with a warm bottle hopefully :/....at 5 hr A now...aaaahhh...hope to god she sleeps long :(   
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 14:48:46 pm »
Hey Melissa
Big hugs to you hun!

Go with your gut. If you think she's ot, which she sounds like she is, you may need to catch her up for a 4-5 days. We all know that OT takes a while to get over, it isn't just fixed with one great nap or one solid night's sleep. I am going back to two naps b/c my LO is looking so tired and the NWs were increasing along with EWs.
 I am also not going to go with A times anymore b/c she is yawning at 8,even after finally STTN. I figure I can control nap times and bts so hopefully that will result in regular WUs too! Alot of people who don't follow 'A times' do a nap around 9 and then again 1, so that's what I'm going to try to catch my DD up.
I have also recently been reading Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and while there is alot in there I don't agree with, or would never do, some of his sleep advice really makes sense. Don't get me wrong, I love, love, LOVE BW, but I don't think increasing A times are for us right now cause DD is so tired. My fault for pushing her, not BWs! Lol.
*sigh* It was really nice to just be on one nap though. ::)

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 15:03:58 pm »
awe smurfette...I hear you...I feel the same...she did 5 hrs A this morning but not because I wanted her too :/...she just wouldn't settle once she clearly got OT...she is sleeping now...who knows for how long...I def. plan to catch up...i am still not sure if i should push the 7 pm BT or keep it at 6...just as I said I don't think that EBT is helping with the EW...thats 11.5 hrs straight...isn't it asking a lot to expect her to sleep much later?  would be happier if she could stick with the 11.5 hrs with a 7 pm BT...that would at least be 6:30..which I use to HATE LOL but now would welcome with open arms lol
<3 Melissa

Offline Smurfette

• Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 15:39:52 pm »
...thats 11.5 hrs straight...isn't it asking a lot to expect her to sleep much later?

Yup, I agree. That's in the perfect range of what they should be getting. So if you're getting that for a few nights and naps are straightening out, then I would gently move bt a bit later. But if naps are not getting better than I would stick with the EBT. It's better that she gets a solid night's sleep, then a later one, IYKWIM.
What are your nap lengths these days?

If she was needing that you would not be anywhere near the 2-1. The 2-1 will start when your LO is doing close to 4 hour A times.

Can the fact that it may start to shorten itself also be an indicator?

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 16:39:28 pm »
smurfette...the naps were either 1 nap at an hour or two naps 30 mins each when I was doing EBT...she had two 30 m in naps yesterday and I did the later bedtime...thought I'd see some NW's with that being OT but just the EW...today she finally fell asleep at 5 hrs 25 min A!!! crazy! but slept 1hr 25 mins...so that was good...hoping she takes a pm nap...should I do a 4 hr A you think?
<3 Melissa

Offline lily528

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My world
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 16:41:54 pm »
that would be at 4pm...so maybe she'd give me a good 45mins-1hr and we could do the later BT...if she doesn't take one i guess ebt blah
<3 Melissa

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 18:32:33 pm »
Melissa - I would try a 4 hr A, but watch her closely after 3.5 since she has a bit of OT happening - poor Ava :(  And it's actually not an EW unless they have less than 10 hrs night sleep ;)  It's just getting up at an ungodly hour ;)

I am sure now that we are not ready for one nap... I decided to follow cues and keep things calm this morning... well, it appears that 10:30am is the new time for the 10am nap we were doing... that was a 4 hr 15 min A time though... I have only been getting 10 hr nights for 3 days now... developmental I am sure.. we are almost crawling!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 18:59:46 pm »
Quote from: ZacsMumme on Yesterday at 12:03:18
If she was needing that you would not be anywhere near the 2-1. The 2-1 will start when your LO is doing close to 4 hour A times.

Can the fact that it may start to shorten itself also be an indicator?
Well it would be an indicator that you ned to tweak, but not really start capping one at 45mins or less which is really the start of the 2-1.

When your LO is doing close to 4hrs A the 2-1 is really getting them ready for 1 nap with is effectively 4.5-5 hr A times and a nap length of usually 2+ hours. I 'think' it can get shortened sometimes during the jump when there is a bit of OT....

(HUGS) Melissa, I think 11.5hrs is a good night :) Just so so hard on you right! I hate early mornings, before 6 is just IMO! Hang in there love, if you think she is getting OT then just give you and her a week off. Foller her cues etc. Just be aware that afer this you will have to start over really IYKWIM?

Kara - I think you are onto her good work getting those A times adjusted :P Common A crawl for your mummy!

***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 19:11:18 pm »
LOL!  I seem to be onto her today.. but tomorrow could be another story!  As could this afternoon ;)

Still sleeping at 12:10pm...   maybe I should wake her to get a PM CN??  She is really resisting it now...

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 19:27:57 pm »
If it was me I would let her sleep if you want to encourage her to do a long nap and drop the CN and if you think she could handle a long A to bed if she refuses the CN. If you think she needs the CN today then maybe wake her, or offer her the CN a touch alter which would give you a longer day. At this stage for us it got so messy really :( In the end I never woke Z from his nap and attempted the CN every day in the car....eventually he refused it more and more as his A's increased.

Well I know now Z did need an A increase to 5 hours. He did 4.75 yesterday and a 2.5hour nap and he is still unwell. So well he would totally do 5hrs....Going to hope we will be back on track in a few days as long as these teeth don't get angry and cut.
***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2011, 23:59:57 pm »
I let her sleep :)  I really hate to wake her!

Offline ZacsMumme

• You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2011, 00:02:10 am »
Same here, waking = cranky pants
***Sara***

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2011, 03:26:49 am »
Same here, waking = cranky pants

Ditto that!  Miserable even ;)  I let her nap for an hour this afternoon - I was able to AP her for a CN fairly easily at 410, woke her at 510 and she was shattered by 720pm!  Quick bath and bottle and her head was on the mattress awake at 755pm.. asleep by 810 without crying, just a little babbling and a few sighs :)  Bless her little heart!