Author Topic: Rotating Toys  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Yazzie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
  • Mummy's angel
Rotating Toys
« on: September 23, 2011, 23:47:42 pm »
Hi girls, ds is crazzzy about cars, he has several toys, but only plays with his cars!!!....this is really getting frustrating mainly because I feel he can develop on other levels and isn't, that said I'm scared of putting away the cars, kwim!?

So, how do you rotate toys really, like every week, months? Do you have a theme?
Adam's Mum

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 00:40:09 am »
How about some car-themed things? Like blocks with cars? Or car puzzles, or books with lots of cars?   Lots of 2 yr olds are obsessed with thier *favorite* thing...totally normal!   I didn't really rotate personally, but would think that 10 days-2 weeks would have been what I might have done...Millie was obsessed with books at that age...played with them more than just about anything...! 

Offline Yazzie

• Showing Appreciation 63
  • Mummy's angel
Re: Rotating Toys
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 00:49:27 am »
We do books and some puzzles, but other than that it's cars!....I'll try 10 days, so maybe we have like 3 main toys groups to rotate
Adam's Mum

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
Re: Rotating Toys
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:31:25 am »
Aaron LOVES his cars, too.  Like seriously, could play with them all day.  I agree with Anne that car-themed stuff is really good.  A isn't normally a puzzle kid, but he has a car puzzle w/ magnets that he enjoys (http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Deluxe-10-Piece-Magnetic/dp/B000LFSQBO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1316827789&sr=8-7).  And he has lots of car books.  Then he has BIG trucks/cars that he can play with outside in the dirt, and smaller contruction-themed ones that he can scoop and dump moon sand with.

HTH a bit.
*formerly tersaseda*

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 02:01:38 am »
my DS still loves his cars/construction toys but he will play with other stuff too. i'd just try to go with car-themed stuff as well.

i tried rotating toys for a while and it is a good idea in theory but it takes a bit of time which i'd rather spend elsewhere!  i will rotate the toys we have down stairs vs upstairs. really, i just put it all up and then DS slowly brings stuff down again which is usually different.
heather