Author Topic: How to introduce solids within 4h EASY?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Ninou

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:42:50 am »
Dear all,

I have read previous posts and some ladies have similar to us problems. i was not just able to clearly define for myself how to introduce solids within 4h EASE from those posts.

Our daughter is soon 7MO. She is on EASY as from 3MO. No she is goind to creche 2 days a week, so routine their is not something I can control but when she is at home EASY is as follows:

06.00 - 06.30 - Wake up
07.00 - Eating. Normally not too much, max 60ml, hardly 120 sometimes
Till 08.00 - 08.30 A
09.00- 09.30 Putting her to bed, PU/PD
09.00 - 11.00 S
11 - E
Depending on days till 13.00 - 14.00 A
Till 15h S
15h E
15 - 18.30 A
Sometimes she has a catnap between 16.00 - 17.00
18.00 Strat going to bed: massage, bath,
18.30 E
19.00 - 19.30 Asleep.
Than she is regularly awake at around 1.30, at 2.30 we feed her again, than again at 4.30 or 5.30. We put her back with PU/PD.

Now we try to introduce solides (she tried quite a lot of them) and also get rid of the night feed (at 2.30). And here we mess up.

If we first try to give her solids before each milk feed (ex at 11 at 15 first solid and than complement with food) she take really small amount of milk. Plus, we start feed at 11 and finish at 12, so than distance between feeds is 3h. So she does not recieve needed amount of milk at the end and also she is not too much hungry for next feed.

If we say 7, 11, 15, 19 - only milk. And in between offer solids, than she is not hungry for solids and she is not hungry for milk after solids. so again, she is not having enough of milk to go throught the night.

So we do not know, when to offer he solids within 4h EASY schedule.

Also, as she eats at 2.30 she is no more hunmgry in the morning. She can skip one feed, its for sure, but for now she is skipping 7 h morning feed. We tried not to give food at 2.30 but we are unable to put her to bed as she is crying a lot.

ACan you please advice soemthing?

Thanks a lot

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: How to introduce solids within 4h EASY?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:20 am »
Yep, small amount of solids ~1hr after milk is the way to go, apparently. Works for DS and he still seems to take a reasonable amount of milk (BF so not really quantifiable).

Offline Ninou

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 09:57:27 am »
OK, thank you.

But I thought that we need progressively decrease amount of milk and increase amount of solids. So 1h after milk she would not be hungry to eat lots of solids...and next time she takes less milk as well.

I just have impression that we end up in the situation that she is constantly not hungry because she has food in between. So eats a bit (a bit of solid, a bit of milk) all the time.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 21:45:35 pm »
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68458.0

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=67569.0

Here are a couple of links you may find useful. I think that milk at 7,11,3,7 is fairly standard on a 4 hour EASY. Solids 1 hour after that. Milk is most important and the above link says to try and get the bulk of the feeds in first and last thing which I thought was good advice (I BF so don't have expereince of bottle feeding).

HTH x