Author Topic: How to deal w/chocolate allergy at school?  (Read 24554 times)

Offline skatty

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 352
  • My spirited girl
Re: How to deal w/chocolate allergy at school?
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2011, 17:59:44 pm »
Here here Nicole  ;)
Katt

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2011, 19:33:28 pm »
Wow Anne, I am speechless! This is so crazy, honestly, I do not get these people!

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Showing Appreciation 326
« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2011, 21:27:32 pm »
I got emotional and said "I don't want her to miss class either....but I have to think of her feelings...I'll just keep her home...(tears rolling now...I couldn't stop it...I just hate how I'm viewed there)...it's really fine, truly...just do your craft."  And she said "No...we don't want that.  Let's just not do it."   And she said we could talk later about it.

{{Hugs}} 

Obviously the teacher's offer is way too little way too late, BUT if you want to try to make this place work, why not take her up on the offer?  Perhaps her initial reaction was defensive and now that she's had more time to think about your requests she's trying be more accommodating.

Perhaps call her or email her and give her the link to the craft that you found and suggest that as an option. 

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2011, 00:28:12 am »
I have pm'd you dear friend. I am sooo sorry this continues to be a battle- fwiw, I feel Millie and you all deserve better! I agree with Mashi's advice a page or two back.
I'm just stunned by the school's lack of sensitivity and frankly safety!
Hugs and love to you...
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007

Offline Melsy

• Showing Appreciation 51
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2011, 05:01:48 am »
Just m@rking my spot because I'm horrified at all you've had to deal with with this school and it reminds me SOOOOO much of the 1st daycare centre I sent my ds and dd too when we moved here.  I was told that fruit would be provided by the centre for m.tea so on our first day, I didn't send in any m.tea in his lunch box because i was under the impression that all the kids share fruit.  Well it was 1 apple and 1 orange cut up on a plate (FOR 24 kids to share! WTF!) and it was offered but not really encouraged, so the kids were going into there lunch box for chocolate biscuits, chips (crisps!) roll ups (sticky "fruit" things that stick in your teeth and are full of sugar) etc.

Well I stared at the content of these kids lunch boxes and said to the the group leader - ummm I thought they were having fruit for m.tea so I didn't send anything and wth is with all these snacks?!  And she just said "altho we encourage healthy eating, we have no control over what parents send in." 

Well, I went to my car and cried!  Rang my dh and said these kids are not staying at this daycare.  They did end up staying there for about 2 months until I could get them into a better daycare but I am SOOOOOO 10000000% happy that we switched daycares.  I could not leave my child there any longer than I had to.  No way.  Me being upset was not good for our family.  I am so happy with our decision to switch.  Now they go to a daycare with a chef!!!  :)  They have fruit and crackers and beautiful veggie soups and casseroles and pasta all made onsite by the chef.  Yep it costs a little more but so worth it.  Happy mum = happy kids!

Mel
DS#1 - Aidan born Sept 2004
DS#2 - Callum born Feb 2008
DD#1 - Eloise born Sept 2009

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSYHndn/]

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2011, 14:29:00 pm »
Thanks for sharing that Mel.  I do wonder if all my stress and distrust is spoiling it all anyway. Dh despises it too.  The bottom line? If they were babysitters, and misrepresented themselves this way, and disregarded my daughter this way I would fire them, never call them again, and I would tell all my friends not to use them either.  That says it all, huh? 

Offline Intransit

• Showing Appreciation 31
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2011, 14:45:43 pm »
If they were babysitters, and misrepresented themselves this way, and disregarded my daughter this way I would fire them, never call them again, and I would tell all my friends not to use them either.  That says it all, huh?

True!
Hugs Anne
*Sarah*
Neve treat others as you yourself would not like to be treated.

Offline marensmama

• Showing Appreciation 202
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2011, 15:03:22 pm »
The bottom line? If they were babysitters, and misrepresented themselves this way, and disregarded my daughter this way I would fire them, never call them again, and I would tell all my friends not to use them either.  That says it all, huh? 

EXACTLY!!!!
Nicole - Mom to My Lovely Girls

Offline Love, laughter, & PJs

• Showing Appreciation 152
  • Formerly kmk512
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 20:54:39 pm »
The bottom line? If they were babysitters, and misrepresented themselves this way, and disregarded my daughter this way I would fire them, never call them again, and I would tell all my friends not to use them either.  That says it all, huh?
You definitely know the answer to this one, Anne.  :(  Sucks that it had to go this way!

What ever happened with the craft today?
*Kate*

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2011, 21:00:41 pm »
They didn't do it.  When I said I was going to keep dd home, she said they would do a different craft.   ::)  Idiots.

Offline momtonb&ab

• Showing Appreciation 234
« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2011, 22:16:41 pm »
Oh Anne.   Are you going to move her? Have you decided?  I am just sick about this - this should be such a nice time for her and you where she spreads her wings but it is just a stressor.  :(. Huge huge hugs!

Offline speechie

• Showing Appreciation 303
  • 7 years of spirited bliss!
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2011, 23:17:25 pm »
this should be such a nice time for her and you where she spreads her wings but it is just a stressor.  . Huge huge hugs!
Yes- that is just what I am thinking too- of course any child starting preschool is emotional for the mom and it SHOULD be a good stress and growth for both child and parent. What is happening with you and your sweet girl is horrible. Trust breaking for sure, and I am sad for you that the rosy images in your brain/heart of her first school have not come to pass. You were robbed!
Cathie
                Nick spirited angel, born August 2, 2007