Author Topic: Just starting...is her poop normal?  (Read 945 times)

Offline LucK

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: October 08, 2011, 20:14:09 pm »
My 5.5 months old just started solids a week ago…some sweet potato puree which she mainly spit out and a few days later on Thursday a tiny amount of avocado.  She’s not too interested yet.

Since yesterday her poop was very sticky and thick almost like a toothpaste.  The colour was normal.  She’s also been very uncomfortable while pooping and fussy on and off. 

Also for about a week or so she’s been having some cold.  Her poop prior was very mucousy I assumed due to the cold.  She normally poops every 3 days and has a very large bowel movement but this week she’s just having small poops.  Is this normal after eating such a tiny amount of solids? Or do you think it’s something else.  I’ve stopped solids after Thursday and want to see if she improves.

Offline LucK

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 20:23:54 pm »
Forgot to add that she's been EBF until solids

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Just starting...is her poop normal?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 23:11:18 pm »
Likely due to the solids... I wouldn't worry.  As long as it is soft when she does poop, everything is fine ;)  As for fussing and such, she has to learn to poop all over again since the consistency is different - normal as well.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Just starting...is her poop normal?
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 18:02:47 pm »
Yes poop does change when you introduce solids. I would just keep an eye on it as some foods can be more constipating than others. It is individual to your LO but sw pot was for my LO!

Offline LucK

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 22:50:25 pm »
Thanks.  i started my DD1 on sw potatoe with no problems.  I'll keep that in mind about it being constipating.  She only had a tiny poop this morning and she didn't seem so unconfortable.