Author Topic: new high chair problem!  (Read 865 times)

Offline babyrose

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
new high chair problem!
« on: October 10, 2011, 19:04:58 pm »
my lo is 16 months and has always been a great eater, we decided to get him a new high chair as A could pull the table part off ::) this new one we got has just one small strap for round the waist, now A has noticed this and is now started to  stand!! he doesnt finish his meals or snacks and just wants out. its not like him TBH. do you think he just doesnt like it?

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Re: new high chair problem!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 15:01:03 pm »
Maybe?  Have you tried just removing the table bit of the old high chair and pushing up to the table?  Touch wood, our LO at 17 months hasn't started making too much fuss yet but I know this is the kind of age where booster seats can come in but unless he's fully strapped in, it seems crazy scary just to put him on a seat with a booster strap but then my LO is still very wobbly, he's only been walking for a few weeks.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 15:26:51 pm »
I think its likely more to do with the fact he CAN stand up as opposed to not likely the chair.  Can you get a harness strap so he can't stand up?

Offline babyrose

• Showing Appreciation 4
  • My two beautiful strong boys
Re: new high chair problem!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 19:56:12 pm »
the new high chair does have a small thin strap that goes around his waist. maybe i could try and take the table part off this one and move him closer to the big table see if that makes a difference.