Author Topic: Still mixing food.  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Bex09

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Still mixing food.
« on: October 15, 2011, 22:28:06 pm »
Just a quick question, is it OK that at 16 months I am still mixing DD's food? For example if we have fish in a sauce, potatoes and veg then I chop it up into chunks but mix it all together. She is a good eater and great at feeding herself with a spoon or fork now. But I noticed that when she is given veg on their own she doesn't seem to like them and spits them out, but will eat any veg if it is mixed in with other foods. Is this OK or should I be trying to move her on to food that isn't mixed now?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 23:28:09 pm »
My 12 month old does both. Some mixed meals and some separate. She'll eat foods either way. I would keep going at you are but make a conscious effort to not mix the things just so well so she gets used to seeing bigger chunks of things and then gradually separate them out a bit. She maybe likes the veg in the sauce rather than on their own?? In which case you could offer a dip with them and that may make them more appealing!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Re: Still mixing food.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 08:46:47 am »
I've stopped mixing foods, I think I started doing this around 9 months ish when I started offering finger vegetables alongside and it kind of evolved from there.  That's not to say that I don't deliberately make dishes which contain vegetables too!  Why not do that, start offering finger vegetables alongside while still having veg mixed in?
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
Re: Still mixing food.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 20:03:52 pm »
Thanks to you both. Have started mixing things less and less and leaving things more chunky and so far she has been fine, ate carrots without anything else today so that is good progress. Also had peas the other day on their own, so think we are doing ok. Thanks for the tips.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 20:11:43 pm »
Great!!!  What a clever girl!!