Author Topic: Can. I take out one cluster feed  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Lisacancun

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: October 16, 2011, 21:37:32 pm »
Hi my LO just started solids a week ago. She is 6 months old. Her schedule looked like this
E 7
A breakfast 8
S 9-1030

E 11
A
S 1245-20O

E 3
A
E 5
6 bath massage song bottle bed by 645

My question is can I cut out the cluster feed at 5. If not then It looks like this. Bf at 3 , solids at 4. Bf 5, bf 630. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

SHOULD I. BE ONLY GIVING HER SOLIDS TWICE A DAY. DOES IT MATTER WHEN N THE DAY.
Thanks

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 21:45:51 pm »
I started doing solids at breakfast time just incase there was any reaction or discomfort then i would have the day to notice.  I did one meal for a few weeks then introduced lunch then a few weeks later did dinner as well and I'd say we were on 3 meals consistently by 8 months. 

It would absolutely be fine to cut out that 5pm feed as you'd still have 4 feeds a day as well as solids. How many oz would your LO be taking across those 4 milk feeds?

Offline Lisacancun

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 00:51:09 am »
Thank you for your response. It's hard to say how much she is taking. I think maybe 20 to 24 ounces. She is bf and bottle fed. I will try eliminate that 5 pm feed. Maybe once she is eating more solids she won't be hungry fir it. I think she is going through a growth spurt and teething since she is waking up ever two hours in the night.  I hope it is.