Author Topic: GS at 9 weeks?  (Read 731 times)

Offline Saskin

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 17, 2011, 14:55:05 pm »
Hi,

My 9 wo baby has been downing 4-6 oz regularly since he was 5 weeks... he's now downing 6 oz consistently and getting hungry 2-2.5 hrs after his feed... I'm wondering how I will ever get to 4 hr easy by 12 weeks since he is already eating so much and can't seem to stay awake for more than 1:15 MAX!  But has been waking up early these last few days starving... he's not waking up at night however for a feed...

I know Tracy says... 6 weeks and 12 weeks... but could this be a growth spurt?  Or does he simply need more food?  He woke up early around 9 from his nap and I tried getting back to sleep for a while, until I was no longer able to...and by the time bottle was ready it was 10 ...he downed 7 oz no problem... but kept falling asleep and I couldn't keep him up past 1040!  We'll see if he wakes early for a feed...

He had a massive growth spurt around 6 weeks that lasted about 4 days... he seemed much more tired those days but kept waking up early from his naps... (which he never normally does... a very very good sleeper normally, textbook actually)

GS or needs more food to stay asleep for naps?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: GS at 9 weeks?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 17:04:18 pm »
If he is draining his bottles you need to put another oz or 2 in them. With a bottle feed there should be enough in the bottle so they can stop when they are full like they would at the breast and not just because the bottle is empty.

You don't need to be doing a 4 hour EASY by 12 weeks it's around 16 weeks that babies move to 4 hours. We do find that some bottle fed babies need a 4 hour feed sooner because formula keeps them feeling fuller longer than breastmilk but they generally aren't up to 2 hours A time until around 4 months so a true EASY doesn't happen until feed times and A times match up.

Increase his bottles and see how he does!

HTH!

Laura