Author Topic: Teething, not eating, night wakings, when will this all end?  (Read 1696 times)

Offline pondofstillwater

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Teething, not eating, night wakings, when will this all end?
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:23:12 am »

Re: Baby Led Weaning Support Thread - Part 8
« Reply #435 on: Today at 12:39:58 AM »
Quote (selected)  Modify  Remove
Hi There,

Just wondering anyone's LO has stopped eating when teething. DD has not eating for 2 full days other than few bites of rice rusks. The total oz of the day is barely 7. She wakes up few times during the night but then put herself back sleep fine. Last night she was very hungry at 4am and downed 7oz.

It has been 3 days like Tracy mentioned. The tooth is visible under the gum (top right tooth) but not yet through... She also sleeps like crazy in the day. 2 naps of 3 and 3.5hr. I feel like I am back to the newborn days.

Should I worry about her food intake and the disrupted sleep? She always sleep through the night before this. When she was cutting her bottom 2 teeth at 5 months, she did not exhibit anything like this time. This time, she is so dosy all the time and really is not the angel baby I know of.

I hope to hear moms who had similar experiences and would like to know that it will all go back to normal...

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Teething, not eating, night wakings, when will this all end?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 17:24:56 pm »
Hi,

How are things today?

Yes, it is very normal for them to go food when teething. I imagine it hurts to chew anything and I believe they can get upset tummies too.

How old is she??

Offline julesdq

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • My gorgeous little girl
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 20:07:28 pm »
My LO is the same when teething.
She loves grapes and yoghurt when she's teething. I guess if they're hungry then they'll eat, but my LO also prefers more milk when teething to food.
sending hugs to you :-)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 20:49:35 pm »
Hugs hun.. Sounds normal to me too... It is quite concerning that her milk intake is that low though - I would be worried about dehydration and that could make her really sleepy...

After 2 days with less than 10 ozs, I would take her to the dr to be sure she isn't dehydrated.