Author Topic: Outgrowing MSPI  (Read 6284 times)

Offline deckchariot

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 361
Re: Outgrowing MSPI
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 15:54:39 pm »
what about trying goat's milk?  We've not introduced any dairy into dd2 yet (too scared, and she's still little).  But at 6 mos, I started eating goat cheese, and she's done fabulous on it.  The protein is easier to break down than the cow's milk protein, so it might be a good start.  I have no idea what I'll do when dd2 is a year and starts dropping milk feeds, I don't want to (and can't afford to) switch to the crazy expensive formula, but I"m scared to go to cow's milk.  Liz also recommended oat milk to me too.
Michelle

Offline jakobsmom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Jakob first b-day
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2011, 17:25:30 pm »
Just following along.  DS has been on nutramigen since he was 3 months.  I decided this week that I would try giving him small amounts of yogurt and see how things go.  This am was the first try - he didn't eat much of what I offered but here's hoping.  I so nervous about this - it was HELL until we got DS onto reflux meds and the nutramigen.  I know that he is older now and wont react the exact same, but it still scares me :(

I was reading that it is also good to try baking with milk, DS loves pancakes and we usually make them with rice milk but am considering trying regular milk - any thoughts?

I am also making some chicken burger to freeze and was thinking of putting some grated cheese in half maybe.....

So many decisions, any help is greatly appreciated!

*Kristen*

Offline ~*~Louisa~*~

• Mummy in need of a month of sleep... PLEASE!!!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 23
    • Cupcakes and storm clouds my blog
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2011, 22:21:50 pm »
Sophina was about 2 1/2 when she could tollerate dairy

If your going to put grated cheese its good to start with a very mature cheese due to less lactose so your more trialing the milk protien first instead of both

Alyssa I dont know the shocking reaction to nutramigen it will be long after age 2

DD1 Angel/Spirited - Glue ear
DD2 Angel - MPI, Excema, Late talker
DD3 Angel - Milk,Soy, nut,egg intollerence, Saliciyte sensitivity, Reflux