Author Topic: teething & spit up  (Read 1873 times)

Offline gooders30

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 19, 2011, 18:29:10 pm »
My LO has just cut her 1st 2 bottom teeth.  She has been ok really having heard many peoples horrors of teething.  The one thing she is doing though it spitting up more.  She has never been a pukey baby but in the last week after her milk feeds she will burp and sick much more often.   Is this teething or could it be coinciding with the introduction of solids? I try and get her to sit still after a feed but as she is 6mths its pretty difficult.  She wants to sit on her playmat but as she is moving around and leaning forward to grab at toys she will burp and muscus like milk will come out! i just dont want her to be losing precious calories if there is something im doing wrong?

thank yous

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: teething & spit up
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 17:28:48 pm »
Hi,

To be honest, I am not sure! Is she having a lot of solids yet? Maybe it is because it is leaning forward that does it. Very uncomfortable for me too when I am full!

Offline DSAN

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 16:43:29 pm »
I know teething makes reflux worse for those that have it so it is probable that it could make you LO spit up more too. I believe it has to do with increased saliva production when they are teething. Dont worry to much about her losing calories. Spit up always looks like more volume than it is.
Heather, Mommy to Dylan

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 04:39:30 am »
Likely teething.  My DD never spits up, unless she is teething :)  And yes, it's really not much that they lose.  If it is a huge amount (like half a feed) that is vomiting and warrants a dr check ;)