Author Topic: very limited diet - future fussy eater?  (Read 5227 times)

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
Re: very limited diet - future fussy eater?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 01:55:45 am »
Oh that would have been too scary! So sorry that her reactions are so severe at the moment  >:(

The gaps diet does not take into account chemical sensitivity - salicylates. She brushed them off to say one will only have a detox reaction short term. This is actually untrue, before the rpah elimination diet and failsafe, chemically sensitive children were not doing well on her diet after 6- 8 weeks, symptoms were through the roof. So for us, because Kai is sals sensitive we are not able to do the diet properly. We are embracing the aspects of it that we can, without grains there would not be much to eat.

Unfortunately on the dairy side Kai can only tolerate gee. So that's what we use for fats. We do the meat broths and stocks - stocks are a high part of his diet, all grains are cooked in them. He is gluten free/ dairy free / soy free, preservative and additive free, and 1-2 cup high sals per day. We  eat one grain free meal a day . Either lunch or dinner. All our grains are soaked over night before cooking and we mostly eat whole grains and seeds such as buckwheat, quinoa, brown rice and basmati rice.
 I guess you need a good naturopath or nutritionist to
Help sort these reactions. Some kids can't do grains some can. Kai is ok with them, however I k
Know that the sugars are ultimately Feeding his bad bacteria. We can Only Do what we can.

Offline bjutka1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: very limited diet - future fussy eater?
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 08:19:21 am »
What about starchy veg like potato? Are you using that?

I can't use ghee, Julia needs to be completely dairy free at the moment -so I have been using cold pressed olive oil or sunflower oil to cook for her. Is that no good?  

And how often would you give Kai protein? Just once with his main meal,or both at lunchtime and dinner?

Thanks,
J
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 14:50:12 pm by bjutka1 »
Jutka - lucky mother to 2 gorgeous babies
Peter 25 Oct 2009 and Julia 28 Dec 2010
Married to a loving and proud husband on 25 Aug 2007