Author Topic: Multiple food allergies breastfeeding.. no routine.. any chance of EASY??  (Read 4099 times)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Multiple food allergies breastfeeding.. no routine.. any chance of EASY??
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2011, 02:58:41 am »
Sickness is tough, you just have to do your best to keep them comfortable and get through it.  Mine always nursed more often when they were sick, both for comfort and because I think that they probably need the extra fluids. 

When he's healthy, what kind of A time is he managing?  I think as his age, you'd be looking at getting towards moving to one nap, if you're not there already.  If not, you would shoot for a short AM nap and a long PM nap, or vice versa.  So, if wake up time is around 7, you would nurse right when he wakes, then do solids an hour or two later.  If he can manage the long A time, I'd do another feed around 11 and then a nap (trying not to let him fall asleep while nursing!).  If he's not doing well with the long A time, you would do a short nap at about 3-3.5 hours A time (might have to get some of the EASY ladies to look in on this, I'm rubbing at A times) to get him to his next nursing session when he wakes.  Solids again (lunch) whenever he wakes from the nap (or about an hour after the nursing session after the nap).  The rest of the day depends on how the morning goes.  I always start by trying to straighten out my mornings and working forward from there.