Author Topic: Anyone found dairy and eczema are linked?  (Read 7070 times)

Offline babybarr

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: Anyone found dairy and eczema are linked?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, 16:26:17 pm »
I have KP - it's a heriditary thing (fortunately not on my face, just tops of arms and legs), not supposed to be related to anything *however* my brother gets it really bad when he has a lot of dairy.....
LAURA xx

tigerlilly905

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 02:00:12 am »
If you are interested in a good read that covers the link between food intolerance, gut health and skin amoungst other behavioural conditions read Dr Campbell McBride - Gut and Pyschology Syndrome.  It's a real eye opener, essentially is says skin conditions and many other health problems are reflection of gut issues and gut health.She details a very strict diet to heal the gut, and then shes says once the gut is healed alot of the intolerances and skin conditions won't be an issue.  We haven't done the diet or anything but this booked has helped us immensly.

I'm just echoing Eloise. This is what I was going to suggest. We are all following the GAPS diet. Her book is outstanding and our whole family is currently on the GAPS diet to work on healing a leaky gut/food intolerances. I can't say enough good things about how this book has helped our family. Skin conditions and intolerances are 100% related. "All diseases begin in the gut" - Hippocrates. ;)

I would also suggest looking into a high quality probiotic. We are using Klaire Labs infant probiotics for the boys. You can find them on Amazon. :) xo

Offline EloysH

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 102
  • Eloise & 2 boys, from reflux to gut healing :)
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 02:22:44 am »
She's well before her time... I do feel her approach and scientific information on the gut will be in mainstream medicene by the time our children are grown up.  Its ground breaking stuff.

Offline Mum to F&A

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2011, 02:43:53 am »
Without a doubt. Ds1's cleared up almost immefiately afyer stopping dairy.

My nephew'scl was triggered by orange juice!

tigerlilly905

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 03:02:29 am »
She's well before her time... I do feel her approach and scientific information on the gut will be in mainstream medicene by the time our children are grown up.  Its ground breaking stuff.

I certainly hope so! :D Not only has it helped my boys, but I've also been able to heal my thyroid condition following her book! I was able to go off of thyroid medication almost 2 months ago and I feel better then I have in years. It's amazing. I would highly recommend it for anyone - skin conditions or otherwise. :)