Author Topic: 1 month old being held all the time  (Read 1993 times)

Offline Nauvoo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
1 month old being held all the time
« on: November 20, 2011, 01:59:18 am »
Just curious if at 5 or 6 weeks my LO will get used to being held.  I have LOTS of company coming for 2 weeks :o  :o  :o and I know they will want to hold her every chance they get being the entire time she is awake (that being said it's not very long between naps).  So will my 1 month old get to the point this early where she will want to be held ALL the time, or should I not worry about this.  My DD1 was a baby who always wanted to be held and it was hard to break later on.
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: 1 month old being held all the time
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 01:00:20 am »
I don't really remember that far back, but I would wager that a lot depends on your baby's personality.  does she like to snuggle/be held?  do you really think it will be ALL the time she's awake? 
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
Re: 1 month old being held all the time
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:18 am »
THB I would just let them hold her if you feel it is the right time and she is enjoying it.  WIth Murray I would let everyone (and it was a disaster often), but if it was nap time for Oliver I just said they could give him a quick cuddle when he woke up - it's not fair on anyone having an OS/OT baby just so they can have a cuddle.  2nd time I had the confidence to know what was in Oliver's best interests.  You could always let them swaddle her etc and put her down for her nap so they still get some baby time.

I found that people were perfectly happy to just watch O lying in his bed sleeping soundly and that was preferable to people cuddling a crying boy!
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!