Author Topic: Need Feeding routine help  (Read 1368 times)

Offline DragenFly

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 20, 2011, 03:56:43 am »
Just started solids. LO is 5 months old. Currently we are doing just solids at dinner. We started cereal at 1T and are working our way up.

Currently shes eating 2T of cereal with 2T of either yams or apple sauce.

When do I add a second meal?? I was thinking once shes up to 6T total adding breakfast of 2T cereal, 2T fruit and working up to 6T total and a dinner of 2T cereal, 2T fruit and 2T veggie. and then gradually we would start a lunch of veggies and fruit. and introduce meats at 8 months??

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Need Feeding routine help
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 19:02:12 pm »
I think that tradintionally the first meal would be a lunch to give the body time to react to anything before bedtime. Then add some breakfast. It is up to you of course!

Not sure about when to add the next meal - weaning was a while ago for us, Hopefully someone else can advise!

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 19:05:06 pm »
With both my lo's I started one meal at 5 months and kept it at that until about 6/6.5 months and then added another. So I do breakfast or lunch atm for DD and in a couple of weeks I will add in tea around 4pm but only giving foods I know she is ok with at that time.

I think with my son we did not get onto 3 meals until he was around 7/8 months.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline momma.bear

• Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 19:13:45 pm »
I think it all depends on their appetite. With my LO, I started out with lunch first, because this was the time when she was most receptive, awake, and interested. I think that once they are at 6 Tbsp to introduce another one. You don't want them over-eating so that's a good way to balance it out. My LO is currently eating 3 meals a day on most days, and started solids at 5 1/2 months. Some days she's less interested in certain meals, but in general she likes her solids.
I've heard that it is okay to introduce meats from 6 months on, some are doing this to get a source of iron if LOs are not getting rice cereal.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 19:19:18 pm »
Thanks girls  ;) Yes forgot to say about meat - think in the UK they recommend starting it at 6 months - helps with their iron levels.