Author Topic: Dropping last before bed bottle-15 months  (Read 1205 times)

Offline willowonyx

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Isabella
Dropping last before bed bottle-15 months
« on: November 22, 2011, 14:23:55 pm »
Does anyone know where there has got to be a posting (search will not work) about dropping the before bedtime bottle. I can not remember when and how we did it with my 5yr old.

If you don't know where the posting is, can you give me advice on how you did it?

My DD who is now 15 months, LOVES her bed time bottle. She drinks cow milk all day from a sippy cup but will not do it for her bedtime bottle.

Offline Tweakster

• Tweakster extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 444
Re: Dropping last before bed bottle-15 months
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 21:58:33 pm »
I think the general idea was to just swap it out for a sippy cup and go from there.  Or offer less and less volume.

Is there a reason you need to get rid of it?  We found that F just gave it up himself between 16-18 mths.  It became more like us pushing him to drink it and then we realized - hey wait a minute lol. It was pretty easy when we just followed his lead.
The tweaking never stops!

Offline j.and.e

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 22:42:17 pm »
We bought a new 'cow cup'. He was so excitd to have a new cup! (we still use it now 4bt milk) xx

Offline MadisonC

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • my loves xo
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 17:34:07 pm »
We also just followed DS lead.  About 3 weeks ago he just lost interest in it so started giving him the milk in his sippy.  The transition was much smoother than if I would have just taken the bottle away.

Offline willowonyx

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
  • Isabella
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 14:10:08 pm »
We have tried the sippy cup route for the bedtime bottle and she just gets MAD. She likes it just fine for her daytime milk. She is almost "obsessed" with her night time bottle and I think it is cutting into her daytime calories.

We started 6 days ago doing the one ounce less every 3 days. Today is starting the 3oz. She got frustrated with the first one ounce less....so we will see how it goes.

Offline ~Emma~

• Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 14:13:10 pm »
My DS didn't drop his BT bottle until he was 20 months old. We were expecting another bub and I didn't fancy turning his world upside down even more.  ;)

Thinking back though he rarely drank much from it, from 15 months he didn't have it in the nursery as part of his w/d he just had it downstairs before brushing teeth whilst watching his tv prog...In The Night Garden!