Author Topic: 9 month old picky eater and won't swallow food!  (Read 1999 times)

Offline shirat

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
9 month old picky eater and won't swallow food!
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:29:40 am »
i decided to get rid of baby cereal and implement real meals. She loves sweet potatoes and carrots but i need a protein. i shredded some chicken from the soup i made and she puts it in mouth but never swallows it. i need dinner ideas for my picky eater with protein. i feel bad giving her cereal and rice cakes every day! i tried quinoa but she wasnt such a fan of the texture

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: 9 month old picky eater and won't swallow food!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 22:15:54 pm »
Hi, could you puree the chicken into the veg purees you are already giving her? At 9 months she can be on whole range of different foods.

For protein any meats or fish or lentils

Offline shirat

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:09:30 am »
im weaning off pures since she likes to feed herself now and looses interest in purees or anything spoon fed, so i give her baked sweet potatoes and corrots cut up in sticks or cubed

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:30:21 am »
How about meat just left in chunks so she can grab it and chew on it? DS loves 'sticks' of steak, lamb, etc. He just gums/sucks it to death :P

Offline sylkat

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 10:37:44 am »
Keep in mind that in both breastfed and  bottlefed babies , milk is the  main food for their first year of life.Your role is just to provide variety for the baby to taste, but not force if they don't eat.Trust your baby's instinct and follow her pace.And mind that at this age they can tell you're frustrated because they're not eating from the expresions on your face.They like  the fact that they can manipulate you!!

Offline LucK

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 14:28:34 pm »
I've given my DD1 egg yold cooked hard and added to her purees she loved it.  make sure there is no egg white (or family allergies to eggs), if you hard boil the egg it's easy to separate.  My DD2 spit up after i gave her the yolk but she was barely 7months I guess not ready yet but last night i gave my DD2 chunk of meat from a drumstick and she sucked on it and was able to chew and eat it without teeth.  She's also eating chicken pureed with veg and fruit.

Offline shirat

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 16:26:47 pm »
the chicken idea sounds good, maybe that way would be easier then pieces of chicken