Author Topic: 5 Month old routine  (Read 1675 times)

Offline gracie17

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: December 07, 2011, 07:45:48 am »
Hello please help me.

I have been advised by my hv to put my dd on solids which she has been on now for 9 days but i am struggling with timings Could you please give me some help and ideas.

She get up between 6am and 6.30am

Has her first nap around 9am

Her lunchtime nap at 11.30am

Her evening nap at 4pm

Bedtime 6.30pm

I am struggling to fit around the lunchtime nap and i am trying different times but she doesn't seem hungry at those times as so are really close together because oof her naps

Thankyou

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: 5 Month old routine
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 10:45:14 am »
when does she have milk feeds and when are you trying solids?  I tended to give solids about an hour after a milk feed

Offline gracie17

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 13:44:24 pm »
She normally has feeds at
6.30am
10.30am
2.30am
6.00pm
But with her naps how can you get her used to lunch at lunchtime etc or do you just not worry about that. If i give her solids one hour after her milk shes not always hungry

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: 5 Month old routine
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 23:27:57 pm »
But with her naps how can you get her used to lunch at lunchtime etc or do you just not worry about that.
I wouldn't worry about what time lunch is just yet.  When she gets a bit older and you drop down to one nap you could be giving 'unch' at 11.30am, or at 2.30pm!  Later on she will get to have solid meals at a more 'socially normal' time.

Like Seona I give solids an hour after milk.  To fit around naps you could try
6.30 milk
7.30 solids
10.30 milk
after 11.30 nap wake up solids (should be early enough not to disrupt the 2.30pm milk)
2.30pm milk
5.00 solids (after last nap wake up)
6.00pm milk

I don't know the reason your HV suggested solids prior to 6 months but just wanted to add that you bare in mind you don't want her milk to drop too much so it's ok that she isn't very hungry and doesn't take much in the way of solids just yet.  Also you don't need to feed 3 meals per day (again unless your HV had a specific health reason why this would be needed).
You should monitor milk intake, if it drops too much you may need to cut back on the solids to keep the milk intake healthy.
hth