Author Topic: advice for 6 months old and hungry all of a sudden  (Read 1095 times)

Offline dizzy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
advice for 6 months old and hungry all of a sudden
« on: December 23, 2011, 20:45:06 pm »
Not really sure what to do so asking you guys.
My lo is 26 weeks or 22 weeks ajusted. Until a few weeks a go he was not drinking much milk in the day because of silent reflux but a thickner changed all that and he immediately started drinking lots, i.e 5 or 6 oz instead of 1 or 2 on a feed. He then got his first cold but still drinking lots then as got better I couldn't keep up with the drinking. He was having 7 oz to go to bed at 7.00 pm and sleeping for a short time and then shouting at me not crying in the end I made more milk and he drank 4 more oz and then still drank his DF at 10.45 pm. He did then sleep through which was a miracle!! This didn't last long as he then was so hungry he was waking me at 4,00 am ish and drinking 5 oz. I decided to start some solids on Wednesday and have begun with pear. he loved it and had 1 ice cube. Thursday I did the same and the same milk and still hungry today the same. He has had 7 oz for bed and then 4 more just like the other night. What should I do now, introduce more pear as in more times in a day or go for something else?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: advice for 6 months old and hungry all of a sudden
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 14:59:42 pm »
Wowsers! SOunds like he is making up for before! I guess if he is having plenty of milk then yes, increas his dolids! Maybe add some cereal as that may fill him up a bit more.

Offline dizzy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: advice for 6 months old and hungry all of a sudden
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 20:13:57 pm »
Have increased amount of pear and he is having some 2 or 3 times a day as I decided need to go slow with what I introduce and paed told me not to give baby rice but to use porridge after pear, sweet potato and butternut squash.  Has woken at 5.30 am for milk last few nights so getting later and has still gone back to sleep so am just going with it at the moment. Have ice cubed some carrot and apple to give him soon as well so we can do all first tastes. Am thinking when he 6 months on ajustedment will give him some porridge if he can last that long without being so hungry. Just worried about his digestive system.