Author Topic: back again. Need advice for 7 month old DD  (Read 1469 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
back again. Need advice for 7 month old DD
« on: December 31, 2011, 13:14:06 pm »
Aaagh, seriously I feel like i am going out of my mind.

M has always been a rally bad napper. She is mixed at night. She often STTN but we also get nights where she is up once or twice. Back in November we shared a room and she was v restless and DH and I talked about it as we both felt it was a bit odd.

She is teething I am pretty sure so we are getting lots of short naps. She also has red cheeks and a runny nose but she has had a runny nose forever seriously.

Her poos can be green sometimes but usually not too bad.

The last week I have noticed very small patches of excema/dry skin on her arms and legs, only a few and she also has a rash on her tummy. She did have to have antibiotics recently and was wondering if that was a reaction to them?

I just feel like I am going nuts. I have PPD anyway so stuff like this spins me out. I tried to talk to my HV about it a month or so ago and she really dismissed it and said that nothing was ever perfect with kids?? I know the doctors will put this down to my PPD and so I really need to know how/what to ask for and be quite secure in my thinking if I do go to them otherwise I know I will be fobbed off.

I just don't know. A lot of it could be put down to teeth but I just don't want her to suffer unnecessarily or me for that matter. I gave nurofen before her nap today which I don't normally do but she still woke after half an hour and was hard to settle.

WWYD?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: back again. Need advice for 7 month old DD
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 22:19:21 pm »
Hi, how is the eczema now? It can be a sign of an allergy but sometimes it can just be due to central heating drying the skin out at this time of the year tbh. Have you put on lots of moisturiser?

Just remind me Becky, is she FF or BF? Have you taken any dairy out yet?

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 12:17:08 pm »
she is FF.

The eczema is little patches on her arms and tummy mainly. I assumed the tummy was from something she ate as has come within the last week but the only things I can think of are blueberries and real goats milk in cooking. Taken both out and still there. Also if she can handle 32 oz of aptamil a day I would be surprised if a little goats milk causes it but who knows.

She napped really well yesterday but the eczema does concern me. I am being so cautious with food as it is. She has not had any wheat or cheese yet. Just chicken, turkey and the fruits and veg suggested from wholesomebabyfoods website. The blueberries were in something and just thought I would chance it.

My DH says there is no way our doc will take this seriously so my only route is to see a naturopath which costs quite a lot.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 12:55:06 pm »
If you really feel that this could be an allergy or MSPI then the only thing would be to change your formula milk to something like Nutramigen and ensure that she has no dairy or soy in her solids. Is this something you think you could do?