Author Topic: draining the DF  (Read 990 times)

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:09:15 am »
if LO is draining the DF every night should I be offering more? he doesnt seem extremely hungry when he wakes in teh morning but he never does a 12 hour ngiht either. I thought maybe he was draining it because hes asleep and isnt aware of how much hes taking in so just keeps sucking

hes taking 210mls (i think thats about 7 or 8 ounces) but during the day he takes on average about 150-160mls per feed

should I offer more at the DF?
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: draining the DF
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 10:28:52 am »
I wouldn't - he's probably just sucking it dry because he is asleep and keeps sucking. You don't want to be adding more calories in the night at this stage - you'd be better off trying to get a bit more in him during the day. If he was hungry he would wake for it!

Laura

Offline koe2moe

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
  • Battle on the chess board
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 10:33:14 am »
i second laura.  i guess you are referring to your ds2 at almost 6months?  Perhaps even plan on cutting it down a tiny bit, like 180 gradually and he might start to take more in the morning.  It could be that he was just sucking till it was empty.  He is still very young but you might want to keep that in mind in case he wants more and more at night and less in the day.  HTH

Offline Avery3

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 03:30:34 am »
ok thanks, hes only just over 5 months so I dont wanna be offering him less, he already wakes early as it is so I dont want to give him another reason lol
Why do birds sing in the morning? It's the triumphant shout: "We got through another night!"

DS1 -January 2009, DS2 -July 2011