Author Topic: Any requests?  (Read 22421 times)

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Any requests?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 20:44:07 pm »
I thought you'd like to see them! Sure- put them on the blog no probs! Let me know if you'd like me to e-mail the photos or something, or if it's easy enough to get them off here...
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 07:19:08 am »
I think it'll be easy enough off here.  I might see if I've got any other photos from people who've made things.  A vanity post for sure but it's cool when my recipes work for someone else!
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 18:05:03 pm »
Hi LT, do you think you could advise on how to make your broccoli nuggets without egg?

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2012, 19:16:25 pm »
Ooh heck.  That's a tricky one.  I'm not sure it would work if I'm honest.  The egg is quite prominent.  I wonder if you made a white sauce with cheese in then bake it, that might work.  The flavour would be different but if it's a thick sauce then it might set as you bake it to hold everything together.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 19:26:13 pm »
Can't have cheese! It would have to be a sauce with corn flour or the like so maybe too gloopy.

Oh well, it was just a thought  :-*

Offline Claudiamummy

• Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 20:05:20 pm »
Lemonthyme, your blog is AMAZING!!...

I am going through a bit of a bonkers stage at the moment, where I am desperately trying to vary DD's diet a bit more (she is 1)

I am going to go for it on some of these...prawns are very high on my list to give her (she is yet to try but I think its ok now right?)

thanks SO much for some new inspiration

Claire
:-)

Claire

Love and adore my perfect little textbook/touchy DD
Born April 10th 2011...thank you to Dh for such an amazing gift after only 1 year of marriage!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2012, 12:40:49 pm »
Sorry Buntybear.  I can't think of anything right now.  Are there any vegan egg substitutes out there?

Claudiamummy, check with your health visitor if you're unsure but from what I've read, fully cooked prawns are ok from 6 months.  My son loooves prawns.  If he could just eat prawns and mushrooms he would.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 13:07:26 pm »
Hi, there are but when it is one if the main ingredients I won't bother. Tried your falafels the other day (a version of anyway) and I loved them. Olly played with them but wouldn't eat them  ::) I made them with. Butter beans and I would also make a hash out of the mx instead of potatoes, yum!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 16:34:27 pm »
Cool, glad you liked even if he decided "no". 

Is he ok with meat?  Maybe mini meatloaves with hidden vegetables in them is the way to go.  They're better with cheese but can be made without.  I think I even made some with grated cooked potato in them so they can be gluten free.

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 17:23:44 pm »
Hi LT - another request please! I have 2 bags of dried apricots in the cupboard that I need to use - do you think they could be boiled and pureed in baking, similar to the dates you use? Thanks!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2012, 05:22:24 am »
Oh- and LT- how about you do a fancy low sugar birthday cake special! With low sugar icing! By next week or something! ;D
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2012, 00:01:28 am »
OMG!!!! I can't believe it!! Ask and you shall receive!! I JUST got the latest blog entry into my in box and it's a BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH ICING!!! YAY that your boy's b'day is really close to my boy's!!! My guy is on the 27th may- so just in time!! So excited!!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2012, 14:06:05 pm »
Aw!  Sorry, the cake isn't actually low sugar.  Sorry I'd not been on here for a while.  I'm currently cooking his birthday cake for his party.  I figure that birthdays are excusable times off!  I'm also making sugar free jelly!

To be honest, I'd give the date and ginger cakes a whirl if you want low sugar. http://mamacook.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/sugar-free-date-and-ginger-muffins-for.html

Buntybear, yep you can use apricots in things; not as sweet as dates but you could use them chopped up in place of sultanas / raisins or chopped dates.

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2012, 14:12:00 pm »
I did re-read it and saw the 'birthdays are days off' bit.. and although i agree i think i'll wait to give him a big day off as far as high sugar cake goes till he's closer to 2! (and beyond...)
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Lemonthyme

• Mamacook
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2012, 18:43:09 pm »
Yeah, mine's 2 now so I'm easing up a little.  Why don't you go for some no added sugar scones?  You could serve them with fresh strawberries and cream?  Still special without being loaded with sugar.