Author Topic: Feeding Routine  (Read 1251 times)

Offline B2DAEARD

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 05, 2012, 15:22:21 pm »
My baby will be 6 months old in two weeks. We just started trying rice cereal 2 days ago. He is not a huge fan but we give it to him in the morning and late after noon. We have been doing the EASY schedule since birth with him. We breast fed until he was 4 months and now he is on formula. He is used to getting a bottle when he wakes up after a nap. The challenge is that he is a cat napper. He sleeps for 30-45 min and then is up for 2 hours and repeats the process. So he gets a 4oz bottle when he wakes up except he takes 6 oz in the morning and 8oz before bed. How do we incorporate food and start to drop some of the bottles?

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Re: Feeding Routine
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 21:53:05 pm »
he will drop the milk amounts by himself so you dont have to worry about doing it for him.  I normally did food an hour or more after milk e.g. milk was at 7am, 11am, 3pm and 7pm and food was at 8am, 12pm and 5pm.

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 496
Re: Feeding Routine
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 10:49:25 am »
B2DAEARD - hi welcome to BW :)
I see your question here was already answered but I wanted to invite you to post your EASY on either the EASY or naps board to see if we can help you with those short naps.  There are lots of very helpful mums here, many have had phases of short naps, you might find your EASY times just need tweaking a little to get a good nap.
x