Author Topic: Do you want to chat about cutting the BT bottle?  (Read 3210 times)

Offline barbaraz78

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 68
  • In the fall...
Re: Do you want to chat about cutting the BT bottle?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 11:54:30 am »
I've weaned the bt bottle around 17-18 months. Actually DS dropped it himself, we were changing our bt routine, putting the bath before dinner (he was too tired to do it after dinner and we always ended to have tantrums because he didn't want to get out of the tube). So we moved dinner a while after and then at bt he wasn't simply hungry enough. After few days of skipping, or drinking few drops, I proposed him an infusion in a sippy cup, but he wasn't drinking so much of this either. So I stopped offering and this didn't bother him at all.

I'm in the process now of trying to drop the sippy in the morning for milk, because (at 25 months) he's drinking much less milk than before and I suspect that it is for the slower flow of the sippy cup (but he drinks not so much also with the normal cup, so I can be wrong). This seems more difficult, he always asks for the sippy cup in the morning. I think that it's way he's so more aware now and remembers a lot more.
Barbara